1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why is it that only Fiat is cursed about bad quality why not other car Manufacturers

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by vIjAy_kHaSa, Jan 20, 2012.

1. shams

shams Esperto

TFIians, I would request not to post accident pictures in this thread. We already have a thread by the name 'Accidents'.

Heres the link: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/threads-sort/2548-accidents.html

When we are looking at the Accidents thread we know what kind of pictures we are going to see but out here it comes as a surprise wherein some of us may or may not be in a mood to see such pictures.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Less accidents for FIAT,
    that shows how FIAT'ians drive the car and by teamfiat threads all are well trained/awared to drive home safely.

3. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

With less number of FIAT cars on the road less will be the number of accidents for FIAT cars.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    is that lesss ? as compared to the accident ratio...
    anyways my intention as a true fan was, how accidents can be avoided(our mistakes)...you can say it as smart drive(through general awareness from teamfiat theads)
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I think only a person who loves driving with deep know-hows can distinguish a FIAT from the rest. I wouldn't be convinced by someone who is not confident at being high speeds but loves FIAT for it's control etc. That has to be a joke.
    Very first & only condition to be a FIAT follower actually is that one has to be sound at all kind of driving aspects. Immatured & novice doing it only for an occasional adrenaline rush can fancy his santro/alto too as a road-ster.

More & more your driving skills evolve, respect for FIAT grows in direct propotion. For the one who just drives to move, all cars would be ordinary. For him, anything over 2.5 lacs is wastage of money. One buying a FIAT exactly knows, what's the point behind investing such an amount of money. So Knowing the point makes it madatory to possess good driving skills:mrgreen:Sorry if this post is spinning your head.

There are enough reasons why FIATians should have less accidents & even more reasons why a FIATians don't die in a road accident!! It shouldn't surprise even if 70,000 were 1,40,000.
    It makes complete sense to me.
    1 person likes this.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I never stated that Indian Buyers don't count on After Sales, did i? I just mentioned how an engine growl is perceived as an engine noise by potential buyers. Let thread owner know why we like Fiat & to what extent he agrees to with our recommendation. Also FYI most of the people just try to find an excuse rather than a genuine reason "for not buying a FIAT despite they agree that FIAT is superior". Even cramped driver/passenger space is so laughable. Polo is no more rear spacious with the very same cms by cms sitting arrangements but people don't excuse a Polo like that. Do they? Punto has been one of the top ten all time best seller in Europe's history where average height is more than 6'1". But 50-60 Kg, 5'6" Indian find it cramped to drive:mrgreen:. People who have been driving through-out the metros suspect ground clearance & ends up buying Honda's with equal amount of Ground clearance.

I have been meeting people more often than not, who has test driven, researched extensively, described Punto & Linea as the undisputed segment leaders. But when it comes to buy one, at the last moment they just don't have enough confidence somehow. Fiat need to build that confidence into Indian crowd. Without that, even best A.S.S. won't help. I think any day FIAT's A.S.S. is better than FORD,GM,NISSAN,VW,Skoda,Honda etc sheer on spare costs+availability+no. of service outlets etc. It's easily the 4th one After Maruti, TATA & Hyundai. But they are not able to sell, people just don't trust them enough.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
    4 people like this.
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Why is it that only Fiat is cursed about bad quality why not other car Manufacturers:

I got my car back .
    CSC was replaced FOC including Clutch plate and pressure plate.
    They charged me rs600 for some consumables like clip for Hose and collar for steering and some taxes.
    Clutch has become very smooth and soft,with good quality gear shifts.
    I just loved it in my Punto like being back into the womb.

Back to the thread topic . "I beg you guys be cautious when you hand over you car to TASS"

1.My car was returned to me with grease marks all over the body they said it happened while washing.

2.couple of deep scratches peeled off the paint too and right side rear wheel arch have a small dent with some shabby paint touch ups been done .

Now while making the job card service executive noted minutest marks and scratches in his Job card and when I pointed these new damages on the body he is defending saying all this were already present before handing over the car showing the Job card.

Now I remain at lose of words ,I should have taken a video or photographed each side before giving it to those roughs .

I was very much worried that my car will be treated with utmost "carelessness" in TASS workshop now my believes were so true. All those scratch marks and damages make me feel as if it has happened to my own heart.

All I did was take a quick leave from that horrible place called Service center and stopped at local paint workshop were the pinter explained "this happens everytime from that Tata workshop the kids are always newly employed whom do not even know driving, playing around with other cars like Indicas and nano always rubbing each other ,If owner is strong enough the service centre guys themselves will bring the car here and get the repair done from me ,if you would not have spared them they would have come here instead of you. the paint work and touch up will require Rs 800."

I think Fiat cars owners deserves little bit of premium support from Fiat staff not such horrible experience. end of the day I had to curse fiat management and related for such a pathetic infrastructure and workforce.

In front of the TASS is the honda service centre and just a kilometer away is the Toyota and Nissan SS where I see cars parked in orderly manner with well laid out infrastructure and clean environment and the employees too well dressed in overalls and PPE (I expect them to be trained too unlike TAta and fiat). I always felt jealous to see the shiny Gleaming look of cars coming out of those service centers .
  8. sungoa2010

Item 1 is very common in Maruti service center. Even evry service they forget to fix all screw. But that is not an excuse for fiat.
    Few years back in chennai and in cochin TVS was the honda dealer. TVS service is pathetic and even those days honda used to move like hot cakes.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Mail to Mangesh Kodalkar immediately copy-pasting about line exact l!!. The workers are big morons working at TASS. I know that. During 1st service, They tried speeding & braking to my vehicle when i happened to be at the worker's bay (they didn't know that). All other workers standing there were enjoying. I humbly requested him to stop the car & open the trunk without telling him that i am the owner. I got slagger out from the trunk & told that worker that i will break it on his head if he ever try to touch my vehicle in his lifetime. Moreover being TATA group employee, it wouldn't take me more than an hour to eat his & supervisor's job for peanuts. He got it as sound as it gets. My car went there 2 times for very small jobs & they handed over back to me with-in 20 mins washed & polished on both occasions.

You shouldn't have let them pass so easily. They don't need any training, just some oil change & recharging, they will be good to go for another 10 yrs.

Congrats for your Lady though!!
  10. Service at honda is lot better at least in Bangalore, MASS and Honda don't belong to the same line, I have had bad experience for over 10 years with them, I never gave my M Wagon R for service at MASS but got it done outside friendly mechanic shop.
    why ? due to lack of trust a lesson learnt from past experience.