1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why is it that only Fiat is cursed about bad quality why not other car Manufacturers

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by vIjAy_kHaSa, Jan 20, 2012.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Can anybody tell me why Pressure plate of 17000km run punto had to be changed r?

Presently my car is in FASS and that is what they are doing as I complained the Clutch pedals getting Harder occasionally.Clutch bearings,plate ,CSC,they reported to be fine.

Please do not say that. it is due to my driving habbits..it cannot be as I have been complaining about same since 6th month after owning it.

Car is still in SS with its chest teared open!!

So another one of the Bad quality issue from Fiat-to be added..!!

Good thing:= service center guys did not try to play with word, they earnestly agreed to address the issue .

Now worried will I have to pay for it? my car is one year and 2 months old now.
  2. well said Toruk! Applause!
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Jayadev, It should be taken care of under warantee. I am sure that there are many at TFI who knows better on this & how to get this done. You can mail to "Mangesh Kondalkar" & i have read that he solves almost every Fiat owner's issue. You mention it in details. Also mark it to other FIAT executives if you manage to get the details.
    That is problem that can just happen to anyone, it doesn't make you unlucky anyhow.

@Gurjinder, you always remain hidden & jump in the scene from nowhere as soon as i make a mistake :mrgreen:. I appreciate your keen observation & thanks for correction, a perfect Mod. I also noticed later on that it wasn't a Linea.

OT: This accident happened at RING ROAD in Delhi & there were many vehicles (10-12) involved in this (Linea too was involved). I didn't find any of the Linea Pic when i tried to search. That Amabassador has been reared by a Linea as it was mentioned in the Pic:mrgreen:. I hate that rear guard of amabssador so I luv this pic!!
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    After seeing your post, I remember a post from a member of T-BHP. Here's what it says.

" I have seen Bravo owners making similar comments about their car, but still don’t want to trade it off for anything else. Its even the same case with the expensive (and expressive) sister brand Alfa Romeo. Those cars may bleed petrol, but there is a heavy fan base. A friend who owns the old Alfa 147 once commented that imperfections make her car more human :)"

Source - Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched - Page 34 - Team-BHP
    3 people like this.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    +1 to that.
    I agree with you ENKI.
    His knowledge and activities in TFI has made this place even better.

Not unlucky..somebody fingering my lady ???
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    From the pics of the VW posted, I don't see any problems with plastics fitment. Lets remember, these are not hand built Ferrari's or Aston Martin's. Some element of tolerance is there in the manufacturing process. That said, while you will find it hard to find such goof up's in a VW, in Fiat's, these are common. Interior fit & finish are a problem, as are niggling issues, in Linea & Grande Punto. This is a fact. Let's accept it.

The Maruti rust issue is what I agree with BUT there is a more serious problem on our hands with the new Swift which hasn't got the attention it deserves.

From what I understand, the new Swift has very poor brakes yet Maruti sold 17,000 Swift's last month! That is what is worrying. How can a car with severly compromised braking sell so much? There is a limit to brand pull or is there!? Considering majority of Swift's must be VXi/ VDi ones, we have a major problem on our roads, after all, these Swifts are not just going to have an accident by themselves but can also potentially hit other cars and worse still, pedestrians, simply because they failed to stop in time!!

Occasions like this, we feel that the average Indian car buyer would rather have quality plastics then basic engineering in place! Or maybe, since most Indians have an idol of whichever God they believe in on the quality made dashboard, they believe, their almighty will save them from all accidents?!
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
    7 people like this.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

& on top of that you see, FIAT are aware about these imperfections & knows very well what they are doing to their cars. They are intentionally left in cars there. Fiat/Alfa-Romeo are one rare breed who could spoil the head room to make their cars curvy & drop dead gorgeous. They are one who could leave 1952 FIAT 600 abarth engine awkwardly exposed to air (for better cold air circulation) so that it's top speed will increase by 11 Km/hr without doing any modification to the engine (See Jeremy Clarkson's 500 Abarth review).

Actually it's kind of sense of humor that Fiat gifts to it's customers. As far as India is concerned, A FIATian will immediately come to know the day they make a car just for mass selling by driving just 2-3 kms. They have aimed for a particular section & history knows that. I was amazed that how FIAT managed the ugly diesel clutter to sound profound like a racing petrol engine Growl in Punto 90HP?? IMO dampening the sound completely is easiest task for FIAT technically. I researched & researched & man one day i accidentally slipped my foot from clutch pedal & got it stuck in some hole. There i found it & it so full of purpose, you move this hole a few inches here & there or alter it's dimensions (make it wider or smaller), it will result into one harsh sounding diesel clutter. That's 115 Yrs of experience!!

I must say that an average buyer would argument like, Punto's engine is very noisy. Maruti & Hyundai's engines are so silent that you can't even come to know if it's diesel or petrol..!!:sad:
    I think we are hacking this thread by going off-topic here. Sorry Mods!
    1 person likes this.
  8. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Impressive!!!

Atul
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

You nailed it man! VW makes the best balance for daily use + enthusiast & no doubt about that. People should try to understand that this nit-picking is not going to help much especially when you start comparing the two equally capable brands. Media can easily change the perception of "one good product" to "an invincible product" and VW will pay to do that.
    In true sense when comparing it to FIAT, If someone buying a VW is envisioning fantastic A.S.S. like Jacuzzi bath/wine & massage at their dealership while his car is getting serviced, he is a fool!! They will charge you hefty & will not service it properly with all the dreams shattering in no time making you feel disgusting.

Maruti (hacking God Hanuman name to attract an Indian buyer) knows very well that there days are numbered here. People's purchasing power is zooming & there awareness is upping day by day. it's hardly a 10 Yr period left after which they just don't possess the products of equivalent caliber to European brands. They are making hay while the sun shines, that it!
    1 person likes this.
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It is not Noise or colour at which an average Indian count on . but "after sales support" how effective and efficient.

for the thread starter both Punto and Jazz can give equal challenge for decision making. (for me no doubt punto for lot of good reasons)
    as both the car are, no doubt well designed and trouble free.
    but in case of an external issues like an accident ,fuel adulteration,natural calamity,remote area support et al which brand will provide optimum and efficient support ?
    Concerning fiat in India we know its past and its reformation too .