1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why is it that only Fiat is cursed about bad quality why not other car Manufacturers

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by vIjAy_kHaSa, Jan 20, 2012.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I bought fiat considering it will come as well built with less niggles.

but after purchasing Fiat car my real life experiences are contradicting those ideas.

it is not about the overall product but weird and unethical cost cutting or I dont know what, we are forced to pay the price later on.

1. Plastic csc -where 95 percent of modern fiat car broke .

2.Cheap looking plastics -where black turns grey (probably UV deterioration)and lacks quality revealing within a year of purchase

3.Cheap quality Rubber beading -they last only one month and start to tear/wear on its own.

4. Niggle-ing suspension system- within months, suspension starts squeaking and hissing,(recently learnt all the fiat cars have this issue with struts and mounts manufactured till date and company will provide an upgrade soon.)

5.Those untraceable minor rattles and squeaks inside the cabin( one under the dash board and another from God only know it place) -most of you will deny this but I got some noise in my Punto90h while going on rough roads of Kerala, which i did not expect neither can i tolerate.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    After owning a Punto for almost 29 months, I am yet to experience any of the issues mentioned above on its own. Do I belong to the 5%? I tend to believe I belong to the 95%. In the case of Fiat, the 5% can and will make the noise of 95%.
    11 people like this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    this is the situation when the demand rises,especially like Swift,Indica's...
    More Production(Quantity) cheap quality...

who knows!! one day everywhere you will see FIAT cars like swift's and etc etc...
    Hope FIAT remains the same with its business ethics in market and keeping customers like us always happy....:p
  4. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    As humans, whenever we make a decision, later in time, we do think about it - Did I make a correct decision? With Fiat, every time I look at my Linea, or drive it, or wax her to glaze; there is only one feeling - contentment, yes my decision was correct. Would I have felt the same with vehicle of any other make? Absolutely not in case of Maruti and Hyundai. In case of others, I would have kicked myself for getting a "lesser than advertised" product and for not following my heart.
    4 people like this.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

We can have an observation for a week or so. Let's spot some 1998-2002 models of different makes & come up with your observations. Most of so called gods of built quality, we call them "Japanese" are scrapped. I used to see a lot of 1998-2000 Honda city's 2 yrs back but they are a rare sight these days:-(. I can't remember one where the paint is intact or it doesn't look like from "Homo-sapiens ERA" with their silencers swinging awkwardly like a pendulum. I think even TATA-INDICA from that era would beat 1998-2000 HC on this perspective. People are just "so sold for that slightly better textured plastic" forgetting the basic purpose of a car.

Whereas older Palio's (not stile) are still a common look with no re-painting job & they look pretty much intact even by today's standard. You do notice from here on pls.;)
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Considering the low sales of fiat there is possibility of customers getting relatively old cars compared to others. If the same situation was with other cars instead of fiat there will be much more issues in the cars.
  7. Let's not talk about the Definitive blah blah community and why discuss about tin boxes when we have access to tanks. Marines Use Tanks while the commoners use ton boxes. On a different note, I have see 2 Huge hoarding displaying Linea and Punto 2012 with in a km on the busy Ameerpet -- Panjagutta stretch.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Exactly, my 2005 Palio D still drives like a charm and has not aged as the other cars from that era.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You are the luckier one.

But said tht my fiat has never left stranded me on Road.

My CSC is plastic-but it has not broken yet after 17k km.

Remaining things are very much true as I mentioned above, but again they do not make me feel that I did some mistake owning Fiat, which means all of them are negligible and forgivable.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Bro, That is demoralizing to all, don't loose heart like that:sadblue. You love your car so dearly, give it benefit of the doubt.

Listen, we are talking about budget segment, you will feel a bad site to every vehicle since car makers are here to make money. Some put 1-feet wide of better textured plastic compromising security aspect. Others make car so solid with forged impact beams everywhere that an old man has to hire someone to open it's doors. It may compromise a little less shining plastic, i repeat a little less only. It's up to the end user though whom he blames, whom he doesn't. I am sure Punto is making negligible profit as compared to swift, i20 or Jazz as a finished product.

If FIAT can have margin selling punto, the others should be immediately put behind bars for the loss of so many Indian families on the road (who fell for their slightly better textured plastic). I hate them for what they did to so many innocent people! This hate for other makers makes me a blind fan for FIAT actually. By the way, if a screw is to be tightened somewhere in the corner, does it make you vehicle less qualitative by any margin what so ever??:confused

Yep, if you have suspension issue, take it to TASS, they will replace it under warranty. I think someone is trying to avoid the headache when he says that FIAT may come up with a recall. Just tell him to do it.
    Enjoy it, this is one evil & devil of a car!:devil
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It is very much confirmed about the faulty CSC and AC in certain batch of Fiat cars but they were never recalled now they say it is addressed By redesigning it on new models.

So what should existing owners do?btw issues in strut mount still remains a mystery .

Manufacturer like toyota and honda earns respect when they recall the faulty batch even before users experience the issues.

Do we have any evidence for proof that modern fiat cars are much safer and tougher than other brand cars like e.g punto vs swift or Hyundai?

I am much apprehensive about safety presently. not only we should get hurt but should not hurt others too (both can bring huge trouble).

I see Toyota Liva has much much shorter braking distance than Punto...what say ?