1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why is it that only Fiat is cursed about bad quality why not other car Manufacturers

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by vIjAy_kHaSa, Jan 20, 2012.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Here are some pics which show ill fitted plastics in VW but no one talks about it, if it would have been Fiat people would have come out of deep hibernation and jumped with AK47's firing from all directions.
    Also notice this Swift rusting away completely still no one made any noise about it, Fiat have few superficial rust spots the rest you all know.
    Quote of the owner of swift from another forum
    Was it necessary to say "certain European make", thank goodness that certain European make doesn't rust away like that. What were the MODS of that forum doing when he posted that.
    I would not be surprised if one day in the morning only the wheels, plastic and seats etc are left in that car and no metal part is found any where near the surroundings where the car was parked.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    4 people like this.
  2. Vijay,

may be the people who buy those cars have less expectation from their car? and also "Defetive indian car community" is not the Bible for cars running in India.

I remember seeing some one making comment like "linea is know for ride not handling" about few month before the car launch. mod did not jump in to action.
  3. sungoa2010

I don't know why people cry so much about the panel gaps. As vijay pointed out all cars will have one or another problems. No car is free from all.
    For me inside Punto is like a spiritual place. I never bother to check the quality of stones used or the asymmetry of flower kept on idol etc, since I know that those things are not going to add or remove any spiritual pleasure for which I am there. Irrespective of any road condition the cabin always give me the mental peace for spiritual or spirited drive.
    Those cars which doesn't have the above two qualities the panel gaps or colour of plastics etc will be important.
    9 people like this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I agree sungoa2010.... Even I dont care about the Panel Gaps Utana to chalata Hai
    2 people like this.
  5. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Every car in one way or other has a prob but the only issue that FIAT prob are highlighted far more behind a point. The main things safety & handling are in place so i go punto to puntoingggggg and enjoymy ride .
  6. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Most probably because every other car is a c-a-a-r & not a FIAT car. :D
    1 person likes this.
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

I've seen a small squeek in a FIAT car always creates a big noise by the owner in any forum.If it was a Maruti or a VW people hardly bother to even pin point that its squeeking and stuff and to cover up they will say the car is a Maruti and is less on maintenance etc etc.It's our problem that a minor squeek or rattle in our cars and we get mind jolted and put it on the forum and seek help for it.Why cant we learn to ignore small things and enjoy our rides??

It's almost two and a half years and my Linea never had a rattle yea it squeekes sumtimes from an unknown area to which i ignore and never give it to TASS just to not make things worse! After a few days the squeeks stop and its back to normal :-D I enjoy my ride to the fullest whenever im behind the steering!! Lets learn to ignore a few things and FIAT is learning by its mistakes slowly.I feel once they part with TATA the quality of their cars would get better with time.
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    After my Punto and my cousins Swift came back from trip to Goa my cousin was complaining about lots of new rattling inside his car, while I had no issues. Simply people cant accept that Fiat produces better car than many of the more expensive ones.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

The best topic i have come across so far on TFI. Even FIATians take it granted & never miss a chance of accusing FIAT.
    Let me tell you some amazing facts.

1. Audi's advertising expenditure/cost is twice of the FIAT group as on date (not only Maserati, Alfa romeo but including Chrysler group too). Ferrari has never made a single commercial (obviously it has published details of it's upcoming F1 cars but no advertising including newspaper, magazines 7 whatever). Other companies like Motorola, Acer, Puma pay royalty to Ferrari to allow put logo when they release some product.

2. Other automakers never hesitate to be unethical. Volkswagen has been sued by a committee of European journalists who have accused Volkswagen providing altered vehicles (with better finishing/plastic & re-tuned engines) & sell different products to an average buyer. The Environmental agency has also sued them for fake Green ratings (adding another level of the standard format & advertising it as 1 level better"

3. US consumer court is overwhelmed with fake mileage/power rating claims of Hyundai. Even in India, where i10 has been rated 18km/lt hardly manage 10-12 kmpl (i have just added 12 kmpl else 3 friend of mine have complaint about this but they got CNG installed later on). I myself driving linea with 3 people have beaten fair the i20 CRDI. Pls note i20 CRDI is advertised with more torque, but actually it was no comparison even to 2009 Linea (86 Bhp, 203 NM).

4. As far as india is concerned, if anything else other than FIAT gets faulty, people take it as "normal maintenance" doesn't matter how big the problem is. Or they feel like they are unlucky (never bother to accuse the manufacturer). I myself had to replace AC condenser of my ZEN at least 4 times even if it's bumper kisses anything in the parking lot due to some rolling.
    The total gas refilling & radiator replacement during my ownership cost me around 25000-30000 for this issue only.

I think you got the point..!!
    9 people like this.
  10. hello man, YOU SAID IT