1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why is FIAT india hell bent on digging its own grave . Read this !!

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by vivek_lko, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Maybe he is right...... there is no point in bringing in new cars if sales are less. Fiat has the best cars at present and better than its nearest competitors but stlll sales is not upto the mark. It means that there is a big flaw in their sales technique. Its like... you want, buy or get lost attitude.... and dealers are to blame even since they position Tata over Fiat
  2. I dont think customer relationship is improving with Tata. I got my linea 3 weeks back and yesterday I had gone to KHT Motors Service center for headlamps alignment. First I went around 2 pm and supervisor asked me to wait for 10 minutes which eventually ended up waiting around 30 minutes. Finally some guy comes and adjusts the levelling dial in the car. I tell him that its not with the dim ones but with the bright ones and he tells me that it cannot be adjusted. My son was feeling hungry so I decided to leave and come back in the evening.
    Evening around 5.30 pm went back and 3 to 4 guys tried lot of stuff and took almost an hour and finally got the high beam level raised by a small level which was again not satisfactory. Marketing people who had sold the car dont even get time to talk. I find that these kind of customer relationship issues need to be sorted out first by Tata-Fiat before they think of launching new products.
  3. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Correct explaination Paddleshifter. These rumours are digging FIATs own grave. people are neither buying existing products, by the time they decide for FIAT other competitior will bring fantastic product ( Eg. Livo in diesel, New verna, New Fiesta etc) and FIAT is loosing customers.
    But building a strong dealer network and brand building decision is also good instead of just bringing new models and failing because of poor Tata-Fiat service. But at the same time delay of new model till 2014 is also not acceptable. They can build brand till end 2010 and bring small car in Q4 of Dec. Infact in every year FIAT needs either refreshed model or new model.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    As you can make out from your post itself, its a catch-22 situation for Fiat at this point.
    Small car is critical for them. If they launch the car now, with existing set-up, we will say why not to do basic right and then bring the new model.
    If they plan to delay the new product and planning to concentrate on dealership and branding, we are still in same mood.

Fiat doesn't have any easy answer in India. They indeed messed-up this time as well. Let us see how new strategy will work out.

I hope you meant 2011 (not 2010) LOL.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't see success with a small car unless there is true confidence in A.S.S. Small car will bring load on service department if it were to sell to the masses. Service department should be equipped and prepared to handle it like Sparta of ancient Greece. :p
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011