1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why is FIAT india hell bent on digging its own grave . Read this !!

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by vivek_lko, Sep 18, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I think what's also hitting FIAT India are all those stories:
    1. Linea 1.6
    2. Punto Evo
    3. Refreshed Punto with Linea (beige) interiors.
    etc etc etc.

LINEA rumors, Speculations and upgrades
    2009 Jan or late 2008- Linea in market.
    Jan 2010- Linea T-JET coming. Dont buy Linea until then.
    Oct 2010- T-JET launched only in Metros.
    Dec 2010- Speculations of Linea 1.6 and Linea Duologic. Wait for them. Don't buy Linea.
    April 2011- Linea 1.6 rumours spread even further.

Punto speculations and rumors and updates
    2009 June- Punto launched.
    Dec 2009- Punto/Linea to get quality upgrades as per a news.
    Jan 2010- Punto Sport coming. Wait for it.
    June 2010- FINALLY, Punto 90Hp is launched.
    March 2011- Punto with beige interiors is coming. Wait for it.
    June/July 2011- Punto Evo is coming. Wait for it. Dont buy Punto.

How will the sales pick up if every 3-5 months there is a news of upgrade?
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Very true.Nice explaination buddy.If these rumours keep spreading then even potential customers wud keep waiting and get sick of such rumours and go for another car.How bad can it be?? Only true fans of FIAT would "WAIT" though !!
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Very True PS even few of my friend are waiting for new upgrade from FIAT & thats the reason they are not buying FIAT car. One of them bought another car due to these rumours.
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    The article says Fiat is looking to consolidate it's product's by giving them a brand new identity.

Too little too late.

Both Linea & Grande Punto are DEAD. As products & as brands. Fiat can do what they want - 1.6 MJD, T-Jet for Punto, Punto Evo , refresh the looks of both cars, do what you want Fiat, but, nothing will work. The products are DEAD.

These attempts to position Tata & Fiat differently, should have been done BEFORE the Linea & Punto were launched.

I have gone hoarse saying showrooms should be designed in the VW-Audi format showrooms in North America. Finally, it seems like it's being done.

I have no expectations from these attempts at consolidation or differing brand identities. It's too late now. The market has spoken.

If you try to revive something that's dead the only thing you will get is a BAD STINK.
  5. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

i think its too early to call Fiat a dead brand. these guys have not put any effort what so ever to make Fiat connected with people. if they make a sincere effort im sure they aturn around FIAL. Brand positioning is great thing to do.

its a right decision not to bring in new products for the moment, just concentrate on whats already there. if they are confident to change FIAL fortune with these gems then its a very good news for all Fiat fans. i just hope they dont into hibernation again.

its never late, even now if they pull up their sock and get on with im sure Fiat will be a household name in india just like maruti.

one very honest request--------FIAL, PLZ, DONT SLEEP AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

I think its too late in the day for them to start taking small steps . Dedicated FIAT showrooms might mend their current market position by a few notches . The real deal breaker for most of the people today has been the interiors and the ASS . Kill these two devils and FIAT should be right up there at the top . Apart from these as tightly pointed out by some one in the article , a strong marketing push is what is required . Brand recall for the FIAT brand is absolutely ZERO . Today when people talk about hatches they don't even consider the punto , although most of the other cars in its league stand no ground against it . They should take a cue from renault . Renault has already launched 3 models . They are yet to establish a decent sales record and they're already up to 3 launches .

The next thing would be to stop the step motherly treatment to the Palio customers

Also . IMO , a new product would / could give FIAT the much needed numbers that FIAT desperately needs and it will give FIAT a chance to make its presence felt in the smaller segments too , maybe steal a part of the i10 pie .
  7. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

I would just like to mention here something. 3 of my friends went in for wagon R only because of the fact that it was an affordable car in company fitted CNG kit (Hyundai's are not company fitted but are fitted by some agencies authorized by Hyundai). Now we know that Maruti somehow does not believe in providing air bags(neither ABS I think) in cars fitted with the CNG kit. I guess because of the cost reason .
    They said they would have ditched Maruti easily and would have gone for a solid and excellent handling FIAT with a 1.2 liter engine fitted with CNG if it had airbags and ABS. CNG guys dont look for power . Anyways the point I want to make is that as of now this particular area of the market is still open and if FIAT keeps an existing portfolio,provides ABS/airbags and comes up with CNG it might be usefull for them . Wonder if FIATs marketing team would have thought about it. Or they might not be finding it profitable . But based on the feedbacks of a number of people around me they were ready to pay some extra for ABS/Airbags in CNG.

Further they should come up with a Limited Edition Punto (may be 90hp-Elegant) fitted with some goodies like navigation system,good music system , good quality floor mats/mud flaps/boot mat . I guess that might boost the sales a bit.
  8. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

A good move IMO - they already have enough variants between the 2 models that they sell. What they need is to differentiate themselves from competitors with improved interiors/asthetics, maybe throw in the TJet into the Punto, market aggressively to increase volumes of current models and when there is enough momentum, introduce new models - which I think will take 2013/14 given that they have a long way to go to get back the image.
  9. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i don't think Maruti people have gone insane.swift new advertisement is very much popping up across all tv channels.

FIAT???????????? looks like you playing safe and being quite sane.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    It makes more sense for me. The company which has 2 very good products is hardly selling and what they need now is a image makeover. Introducing new models is not going to help them with the sales numbers. IMO, this is very good move.