1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why i hate these Auto magazines..

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by theblack, Sep 7, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    In the sept issue of "AutoCar" there is an article about "11 best drivers cars in india" and guess what FIAT is not even featured in these tests..
    I read and could not find any reasoning as to why it was ommitted..

Cars like the swift ,brio have been compared alongside lambos and beamers and guess what no FIAT.
    the moment i saw the line up i was like WTF autocar . And there is no clear explanation as to how/why the committee had chosen what they had.
    All i get to read about is that there are 12 cars that someone fancied and they have been brought on a track for testing.
    And that's what is called "best driver's car of this year', my A$$.

Cant believe these esteemed folks take something that is half baked and say that this is the best around..
    2 people like this.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I guess Fiat is not offering anything to these magazines for there promotions because Fiat doesnt need any ones recommendations....

So chill....
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    so its more of a 'Sponsorers magazine' than true 'Car magazine' ...lol
    1 person likes this.
  4. That is the way how they work,many people follow these magazines blindly(because they are blind,and cannot decide what they want on their own)...And this is where these Magazines rip profit...
    Even FIAT needs to bribe these mags atleast this will give them the much needed publicity...
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Well not really..becuase in the first page of the mag itself there is a huge 2 page advertisement about multijets and how FIAT is using it..
    But i feel that's not sufficient for they were not even included in this test...
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Advertising Multijet engine creating a wrong image of FIAT in India. Most of the people thinking that FIAT is good engine suppliers only and theie cars are total failure.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Now it looks like a auto magazine forum. Do a search and you will find a feast. Same theme with different titles:confused:
    Need an energy drink for next round of bashing.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
    3 people like this.
  8. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    AUTOCAR always talks in favour of Maruti , Toyota . I m reading it from few years , every new car they test and compare turns out to be car of their choice . There are so many errors in BuYER'S GUIDE , wrong specifications and have not corrected from past one year .
    Autocar is most circulated auto mag so its obvious manufacturers make relations with them , in the end everyone needs business . Most people rely on magazines rather than own R&D on net
  9. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    +1

watch out the careless statement,

Tyres offer excellent grip and body roll is also minimal. However like all Fiats, the Linea’s steering doesn’t provide enough feedback and the feel is a bit lifeless.

comments

Vijay,
    10 Oct '11

"However like all Fiats, the Linea’s steering doesn’t provide enough feedback and the feel is a bit lifeless" this line should have been added in sx4, swift, etios area. Ford and Fiat have the best steering you can get in 10 lacs range.

The Rs 10 lakh track test - Overdrive

they never bothered to correct even when a person question about this loose statement.

yes, sungoa sir, is correct-same wine but different bottles with different label.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I would say - a deliberate statement.

No one who has ever driven a FIAT can say the steering is lifeless. Since the Palio days.