1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why I brought Grande Punto and Why Am happy

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Oct 22, 2010.

1. yes, i checked the oil levels even today morning before starting, it's at max marking all alike what it was about 3 months back.
    I did see level going down at ~10 kms , Tass guy added ~240Ml of oil at that time, I haven't been any free fiat service camps either now days.

I am changing oil's at 15 K interval.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

@sat: I have heard in some cars, during run-in period usually the oil consumption will be more. Not sure about Fiat.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    It's normal. At first service my car took 500 ml post it I have never needed to add oil in 40k kms apart from oil change in services.
    My linea burns approx 200 ml in 15000km considering dipstick represents 1 Ltr oil.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hey Sat-Chit, where did u see the other puntos and at what time.. u might have seen the Fiats returning from yelagiri meet. 3 puntos and 1 Linea. One punto had left earlier.
    We had left yelagiri at 4 and were in bangalore by 6 including a 15 mins break :redcar
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I can hazard a guess here.

The Selenia , unable to bear 15,000 km's is getting burned rather than the engine using oil. Both are completely different things. Engine using oil is related to improper ring seal, valves etc etc. Oil getting burned is when the engine oil has lost its ability to perform in extreme conditions and simply burns off and consequent fall in level. Bear in mind, that when the oil starts loosing it's lubricity, there will be a detrimental effect on the engine also.

I've experienced Mobil Delvac 1300 getting ruined in just 3000km's in my Toyota Diesel, since it couldn't bear the heat and stresses. So, the oil change intervals depend upon a load of factors. And not just what the manufacturer says.

It would be interesting to see oil consumption on FIATs which are seeing oil changes every 7500 km's. They shouldn't be facing such an issue, unless they were run in poorly.

Cheers.
  6. This was between 7:30 PM to 8:40 PM on Mysore road.
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    OT : where is the MAF sensor located
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    This should be the MAF.

Cheers

010420115921.jpg
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    and how frequently should it be cleaned, considering the car runs 2-2.2k kms monthly only on highways(greater noida, gurgaon)
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Yup that is MAF Sensor, should't be cleaned until you expereince some problem.
    These sensors degrade over a period of time and needs to be changed, cleaning doesn't help