1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why I brought Grande Punto and Why Am happy

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Oct 22, 2010.

1. If you want better sound than stock but nothing fancy better to go for compos for front and 2-way or 3 way for rear doors.
    I would suggest no to install speakers in the rear parcel tray.
    Go for a basic setup, else with out an amp the hu will not do justice to the speakers.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  2. You got a good upgrade buddy.
    Damping will not be required for our fiats, there wont be any noticeable rattles, but if you want to seal the cabin and make the speakrs sound better this is the way to go..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Ramesh, I have used System D regularly. It is good. Available off the shelf at Bosch Car Care, Vadapalani.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    2 people like this.
  4. venka

venka BANNED

I am not aware of this , why its used. Could some one through lights on this. or any thread which has info on it ??
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Sticking with a double side tape would be a bad idea. Fixing to A pillar with screws is not bad, but is still not the ideal location. Ideally, if you draw a diagonal on your roof liner, then an imaginary line drawn from the centre of each tweeter should intersect at the point where your diagonals meet in the roof liner. To achieve this, the only way to go would be custom fibreglass pods, either mounted on the front doors or placed at the corner where the A pillar meets the dash. I am talking about something like these:

Dash pod.jpg

Door pod.jpg

Picture source - The Internet - Google image search
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
    3 people like this.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I wanted the tweeters at the stock location and it was done using silica paste.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    1 person likes this.
  7. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Sorry for the late reply, It costed me around 12k I think. It's an approximate figure and could vary.

Since the speaker size is 6x9, I had to set them up in the rear tray.

Hmm.. maybe I got it wrong. It might be 360W.. whatever it is, I'm loving it.
  8. Folks,

Had been to weeked trip to Coorg, well it was monsoon tourism :) will open a travelogue.
    I used ABRO diesel injector cleaner for a full tank. What a change in the cars refinement, car no more feels like diesel any more!!
    Initial 150 kms, i felt car lost it's torque by 60% but slowly after 400 kms torque is back to where it was but NVH levels have gone down significantly.Thanks Vijay Khasa for suggest such good product.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

are there any possible disadvantages of using any additive like this one?

Grande Punto 1.3
    Sat.. can you post more details on this ABRO product. Second Ques as Shams asked : Any disadvantages ??