1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why I brought Grande Punto and Why Am happy

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Oct 22, 2010.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Neither am I Sat :D. I got the works done in the Palio, as it came with no music system. Then I realized that it was an overkill for the kind of music I listen to. So, when I got the T-Jet, I am quite satisfied with the stock setup and have no intention of any kind of upgrade in the foreseeable future :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

+1, They did chip of the plastic part to fit in those tweeters and they did a fantastic job.

Have no second thoughts, go for it. I was looking at Polk but then I decided to go for JBL due to budget constraints and I am not disappointed at all. All I wanted was a better sound system than the crappy stock setup.

My setup
    JBL GTO 949 - 400W 6x9 3-way Speakers
    JBL GTO 609C - 270-watt, 6-1/2" two-way component speaker system

I'm in love with music all over again. Trust me on this one, it rocks! The bass output is so awesome that you won't even need a woofer to experience it.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. That's encouraging, How much did it cost?
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

The setup comes something like this

The tweeter has a small conical eclosure which will be removed to fit in the slot on the door panel. But, you can also opt to install the tweeters on either sid of the dashboard using a double sided tape. I have seen in few cars that the tweeters are also placed above the A-pillar.

I haven't experienced a tweeter on the dashboard, so cannot comment on the difference it would make as opposed to installing them in the slots provided.

Are you sure about it? The one I got is 360W.

A quick search on google shows the one I got (360W) and the JBL official website shows 270W with the same Series GTO609C.
    I am pretty sure that I got 360W.
  5. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

I have gone for a speaker upgrade and its worth the $$ spent.
    I have JBL components at the front and Rockford 3 way coaxial at the rear, both 6.5".
    I will post the exact model # if you want.
    No chipping for the tweeter install inside the door pad, also if you want you can screw it at the A pillar.

Ensure you get it done by some good installers.
    My front left door started rattling after the speaker change and my rear left door lock has become loose after the refitting of the door pad. :(
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  6. venka

venka BANNED

Sat ,

I am having the same set up .Components looks like the above pic , Tweeters are placed in the door for my setup. Bass level has improved a lot and you wont feel like having a woofer . mine was done at Sachin auto shoppe Kormangala complete setup with installation costed me 6.5k with warranty.

Front Components JBL GTO 609C out put 360W
    Rear Co-axials JBL CS 5 Output 105W

Till now no rattling or any issue. Its running smooth from past 3 months.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

You mean cost of speakers + cost of installation + cost of dampening came up to 6.5K
  8. venka

venka BANNED

Except Dampening . I am planning to get Dampening done by observing any rattles , till now after the setup (approx 3000+ KM) no rattling has been heard in any kind of roads ( Tarmac , Mud road , only Mettling done road ).
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

That's not bad for components and coaxial pair dude.
    Good purchase.

The same thing in reliance autozone actually costs 10K or something and that's excluding the fitment charges
    1 person likes this.
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Speakers on my next Wish list for Punto will watch this thread for updates.. :)