1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why I brought Grande Punto and Why Am happy

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Speaker up grade will happen some time this week.

I was going back home on friday night,when i tried to over take slow moving car, i was in for surprise no turbo punch at all.
    Car moved like NA car, since it was late in the night , i decided to look at it in the morning, Noticed a kind of oil leak in the hose which connects to intercooler.

Went to harish of pride cars to get it addressed, he had to open the bumper to check it properly, after tightening of the hose clamps, car is back to it's glory.
    May be I need to get intercooler cleaed once as this second time the clamps/hose is becoming loose before intercooler.
  2. There was evidence of harshness in the engine and some choking feeling in the fuel delivery to the engine, a 10 ml of System D resolved the issue.
    Today car was purring like before and happy driver behind the wheels,more to come when the speaker upgrade is done.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Great. I am also planning to use the System D once. Tried to source from a nearby BP pump but they say that pumps which sell Speed products won't have the System D stocked with them.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Sat, which speakers have you shortlisted and what's your budget? May be in near future I might gift my Punto a set of new speakers. Waiting to read more about your new speakers.
  5. It made by IFTAX, may be you can get it from them directly.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Right now, I am planning to go for all components with JBL 6.5" speakers, I am still not clear whether the tweeters that come with JBL can be fixed in existing tweeter slots on the door penal.
    As of now budget is ~14 K. Polk Audio is out of budget as it costs almost double.
    I am just taking trusted approach of going with JBL , since it is long time I resigned being a audiophile.
    1 person likes this.
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Absolutely, I have tweeters installed in the slots given on the door panel. But, they might have to chip off some plastic inorder to fit them.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Oh Ok, I am okay with chip off if it is not very big.By any chance do you have the ICE pictures?
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Sorry Sat, I din't take any pictures as I am not very keen on details part :) But, I have seen them chip some plastic part on the panel to fit the tweeter in the slot. They removed my existing componets (Sony 190W) and have fitted them in the rear door, but without any connection.

They do some kind of configuration (one time job) with the cross over and place it inside the door panel. I suppose you need to be a bit vigilant here. If the cross over is left hanging (which I don't think they will) would result in rattling.

BTW, Hurricanes met me last saturday at my home and he has also got the same setup and is very happy with the out come.

Good Luck.
    1 person likes this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    If you are going with all components, you will definitely need at least a 2ch amp, unless you have a more powerful HU than the stock. Not sure if you have after market HU. The tweeters can me made to fit in the OE location, but the location leaves a lot to be desired. The tweeters will actually be facing the dash, as against facing the listener. You might want to explore the possibility of getting custom made pods for the tweeters.

Rajan
  10. I will upgrade the speaker first and see how it feels, i am not audiophile just wanted get little better sound than stock.