1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why I brought Grande Punto and Why Am happy

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Oct 22, 2010.

1. I agree Ravi,i wanted to be extra careful with my Michelin's as soft tire would wear out faster on improper alignment, hence I got it done at ASS so that I don't drive with faulty numbers in toe.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Currently out of the ones available outside, its the Madhus and the A1 center that are best. These guys know what they are doing.
    1 person likes this.
  3. I am planning for speaker upgrade for my GP,i am looking at 6" JBL components for all the speakers.Please let me know any suggestion you may have.
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I have got JBL 360W 6.5" components with tweeters and crossover. The model, I suppose is GTO609C. Price was Rs. 5200 /-
    The sound quality has improved drastically after replacing my earlier front components of Sony 190W. I beleive yours are OEM, which would mean that you would love this set more than me :) But I am not sure, if only upgrading the speakers would bring in any difference with the OEM HU.

BTW, enquired for Rockford and Rainbow aswell, but Rockford was not available and the Rainbow model that the dealer had was very expensive for my budget.
    1 person likes this.
  5. I will keep this in mind.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I have JBL components up front and JBL co-axials at the rear and am absolutely in love with it.

When I was with stock speakers I used to envy my colleagues' Hyundais for better sound. Not anymore. My ears are not enjoying the sound from any other similar costing setup. Go for it. If budget permits do the damping too as the doorpads would start to rattle with the beats.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    1 person likes this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I had a very similar setup in my Palio. JBL 360W 6.5" components with tweeters in the front, GTO609C ovals in the rear parcel tray and JBL 1100W 12" sub woofer, in an enclosed box, in the boot powered by JBL 2ch amp. Don't know if the Palio was built better, but the doors never rattled even though I never had any dampening done. Maye, because I had the front components fitted in a DIY fiberglass pod. Some pictures can be found here

Rajan
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. If you are adding an amp go for Rockford fosgate r162s, which is almost similar priced to that of jbl comp..the sound, well you need to hear it...and go for damping, noisekill or dynamat or can go for local materials as well..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  9. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India

If I use Rockford fosgate r162s without the amp? will it be fine? means sound quality.
  10. If you are using the hu to power the components then it will lack the punch.If you are just planning to install the component w/o woofer or rear speaker you can buy a 2ch amp, atleast this will be a better setup.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.