1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why I brought Grande Punto and Why Am happy

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Here it is, route from KR road.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Sat, please share details of pride/Harish
  3. Harish Naik is Ex MS service engineer, setup his own service center 12 years back,contact number is 9945112233.
    He is expert in all Enginebody related work , He loves FIAT hence he gives special care:)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Here is his e-card

1 person likes this.
  4. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

hi Sat, Thanks very much for the pointers to Harish.
    I have been there and got the car back today. Overall happy with the visit.

initial impressions :
    Lubricated front shocks, Suspension noises gone, smoother glide especially over speed breakers.
    he said rattling from left door and seat is rectified, but still existing at lower levels.
    Car vibrations when AC switched on is now not there. After all it was just a loose nut on the AC blower fan base.
    (Prerana guy Surendra said i am over concerned that's why only i could feel the vibration and if i wish, for my satisfaction he would change all engine mounts for 10K).
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. Sandeep,

You can show the door noise next time but call him and update so that he doesn't charge for it again.
    If your car has run more than 30 K Kms , I suggest for EGR cleaning .
  6. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Sure, mine has done 39K. After a drive he said EGR cleaning could be done after 5K kms or so.
  7. Changed both left and right lower swing arms, big difference in handling, I used to have steering play after GC kit upgrade, it is gone completely now, Right ball joint bush was worn out.

Last edited: May 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. last week , i had changed the lower swing arm,I also requested ever smiling SA Shivaram to get the wheels aligned, they did the alignment found steering is not centered.
    Shivaram said he will get steering alined and come back, i was told sign few forms and proceeded to clear the bill.Which happened pretty quickly.
    I went inside the service center, Horrified to see a mechanic trying to adjust the toe rod in an repair bay and Shivaram was guiding him!! I knew toe in/out figures would be spoiled by now.
    Just took the car and went to Madhu's alignment center near konankunte cross.No surprise left toe which they tried to adjust was out of range.I wouldn't have doubted and gone to second round of alignment if i had not seen it. FIAT needs to control and educate these people,I feel it is breach of trust.

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    No comments. A repeat visit every time tells it all.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Alignment and Balancing always better to do outside at trusted shop.
    1 person likes this.