1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why I brought Grande Punto and Why Am happy

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Oct 22, 2010.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Looks like I am getting this same noise from left rear. I will test it the way you did.
    In my case, apart from the lock, there seems to be some damage to the plastic bush where the seat is folded. After last service, post wash and clean, while pushing the rear seats back to position, they left the rear seat belt lock under the seat. So the seat was not coming to the correct position. With almost an inch thick object under it, the seat will never come to position. They probably applied force, breaking the plastic bush!
    These are small things we are unlikely notice while taking delivery after service. But they spoil the service experience.
  2. man,

All these TASS guys are from same mold? They did exact thing to mine and replaced lock from TD car without telling me that later I took drove the TD car which was missing the back sat lock.Little I realized that it had made it's way my car after one week when I saw broken lever of the lock in boot.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Seems so. There is rattle from the left rear now. I dont see any other reason for this. Until I gave it for service, there wasnt any noise from any side. They think they are trying to help us. But actually they are screwing up our peace of mind by unnecessarily touching something which has been fine till then! And I am forced to visit TASS again!
  4. Got an updated Map from Siddarth ,changes are from 2300 RPM to 4500 RPM, he has added more torque and said it is around 102 HP at crank and FIAT gear box normally takes out 10HP so it is now 92HP at wheels, during Christmas holiday I am planning to get dyno done.

Mileage has gone down a little I get around 13.5 to 14 in city with light foot driving and 18.5 to 19.5 on highway at speeds mostly above 110,if I drive below 90 mileage still goes back to 22kmpl.
    I had been to recent long drive to Mysore , car performed brilliantly especially in over taking and pulling away from strongly from the high speed crowding that takes place in mysore road where even Nano guy will driving at 100kmph as well as good old Ambassador or Defunct Qualis.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    But Dyno isn't going to help in anything Sat.

The only instance when a Dyno can help is back to back runs , same day same time. A couple of stock runs, then remapped ones to gauge the difference - where in the rev range and how much gains are there. 0.02$
    1 person likes this.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Please share the cost of this. I too plan to change my mudflaps to the new one. At least, I can avoid that puking noise it creates when it brushes a speed breaker.
    1 person likes this.
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ fiatlover, Here it is

E5 Image776.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  9. My car used to make starange noise between 2000-2500 RPM,it started as once in while issue later became consistent.
    I showed it to TASS as usual no solution,Harish also tried for half day to fix it but he said he did not get time to look into properly.
    yesterday I fixed it my self and it is same mountain and rat story,pipe coming from power steering oil tank was the culprit some how the plastic clip was loose.
    IMG_20130122_164724[1].jpg

IMG_20130122_164732[1].jpg

IMG_20130122_164706[1].jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

After which I gave wash to my 102 horses.

IMG_20130122_182216[1].jpg

IMG_20130122_182312[1].jpg

IMG_20130122_182331[1].jpg

IMG_20130122_182301[1].jpg

IMG_20130122_182352[1].jpg
    5 people like this.