1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why I brought Grande Punto and Why Am happy

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Nice outcome and it worth the pain and effort. Would you mind sharing amount spent?

I didn't like Grande Punto stickering in the hatch door. Probably it may look good in actual view.
  2. Total cost to me 25340/- , I wanted to do this since the day i brought the car , absolutely hated those deep swirl marks.
    Yes the sticker looks good, actually camera is not able to capture the true beauty of Punto. I will try luck with Nickon Point and shoot.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great job!!

If you have, please one picture before mod and one after mod, for comparison.
  4. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    @Sat-chit-ananda

How much did it cost??
  5. I don't have beforehand photo of the car with bumpers, but the first photo posted on this thred is before doing anything but just bumpers taken off.
    I have little older one for you to see.
    Photo-0025.jpg
    What you can't see if swirl marks and paint mismatch between body and boot door.actually clearcoat that came from the factory is almost faded off in two years.
    These are current pictures,glossy effect is much more than what it used to be and also the paint is on the brither side.see the reflections in the painted surface it almost like a mirror now.!!
    DSCN1506.jpg DSCN1505.jpg DSCN1506.jpg DSCN1509.JPG DSCN1511.JPG DSCN1513.JPG DSCN1514.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
    4 people like this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is a great option to let have minors swirls/scratches as it is, and once in 3-4 years get this treatment done.
    1 person likes this.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Even better than new Sat. The Linea had plenty of swirls on the first day itself.:mad:

Poor washing practices by TASS are to be blamed for that.
    1 person likes this.
  8. You are absolutely right,factory paint is retained as it is just made sure it has got more visibility, may car is now 29 months old so it needed this treatment.
    Point to note is painter added lot more hardener to clear-coat than normal so as per him surface is much more resistant to scratches than before.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

I am doing what ever I can to bring in the awareness to atleast people who are in verge of doing PDI, Honestly I have see those TASS guys using the same cloth to wash what ever cars that come in for the day!!
    It is actually mild sandblasting rather then washing:)
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yeah. I'd be happier bringing in the dirty dusty but untouched car home rather than the one blasted by the TASS dudes.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. Watch this Video, it has been shot is poor light nevertheless it seems to be just adequate.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2012
    2 people like this.