1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why I brought Grande Punto and Why Am happy

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Oct 22, 2010.

1. it will take about a week to complete, i will update the daily progress every day.
  2. Here are updates from yesterday,work is in full swing. Under chassis coating is complete now.
    IMG_20120910_170146[1].jpg IMG_20120910_170138[1].jpg IMG_20120910_165509[1].jpg IMG_20120910_165327[1].jpg IMG_20120910_165314[1].jpg

As of now they are working on taking out the current clearcoat and some microns of paint to make it ready for clearcoat again.

Harish wants to repaint the back door again before clear coat as he says earlier paint has yellow hue in it,any suggestions comments?
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  3. Here is latest breaking news,two rounds of clearcoat is done,bumper alloy and final round of polishing is remaining.
    IMG_20120912_171554[1].jpg IMG_20120912_171617[1].jpg IMG_20120912_171626[1].jpg IMG_20120912_171650[1].jpg IMG_20120912_171658[1].jpg
    4 people like this.
  4. Now it self shine is evident,Harish says it is going to even more shiny once polished.
    You can see in the picture #3 reflection of the bumper is clearly visible.alst picture give you impression of over exposure but it was actual light reflection on that spot.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

It's looking nice Sat. ;)

Can you walk us through the steps the painter took before applying the clearcoat. Did he sand the earlier one off completely?
  6. JayD

Why are the Logos still on the car? Ideally, all logos, and stick on items should be removed before putting on clearcoat. Else, it will lead to uneven distribution around it. Also, at sometime, when the logos are removed/fall off, the outline will be clearly visible.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow! thanks for the detailed pics Sat! CAn you please tell us where are you getting it done and whats the cost for the same?

8. Good question Gurjinder,

They sand dusted the earlier clear coat and some microns of the paint too, it was more laborious task, and skill of the person doing it makes the difference.

They removed all the exterior parts like head lights,side indicators, black strip on top.

Where ever it had deep scratches I asked them do only a touch up, but paint match was excellent.point was to retain the OEM paint as much as possible.
    Rear left door and boot door were repainted as they were not matching with the color of the other door( due to accident paint job by TASS)
    I have posted low resolution photo's of the work carried during that time.
    Since this was workshop which has paint booth to avoid any dust all the clearcoat work was done in the night to make sure there is nothing that will blow dust on the painted surface.
    buf 4.jpg buf.jpg buf1.jpg buf3.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Good one.

When is the Punto coming home. Do post some hi-res pics.
  10. It should by End of Friday,I will sure post few high resolution pictures.