1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why "Ho Halla" about Honda Amaze Diesel has been stopped just after the launch ?

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by vikastwister, Apr 24, 2013.

1. vikastwister

vikastwister Novizio

Hi Guys,
    I have a genuine question. There was lots of "Ho Halla" about new Honda Amaze Diesel just before the launch. But right after the launch "Ho Halla" is missing. Even I new one guy who booked the diesel version but purchased the petrol one after the test drive. Is every thing all right about the diesel power plant ? Some one in our familiy is looking for sub 4 meter sedan due to parking constraint. Linea is out of option as covered parking can only take 4 meter in length in our house. And Amaze diesel is the new fish in the market. So looking for some genuine user review. Thought of taking the test drive of it. But, if you do not have expeience about driving the particular car, you will not like it. Same thing happened to me during buying of punto diesel. Due to short gearing it was slow mover. And almost called of the deal. But on return journey I asked the guy to drive this beast as a racing car, If I like the pull I will buy it. And he does and then I drove it the same way. And finally bought one and happy with it till now. :). Do not have idea about AMAZE diesel even if they claim som many things on paper.
    Can you clarify me if some one have hands on experience on it ?
  2. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Can take a look at the official review @ TBHP. But nothing like self TD; keeping in mind not to compare it with your Punto while doing so coz every chance you may not like it ;) Good luck for your hunt
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

I absolutely do not have TDing the Amaze. But i had the chance to sit, and look at it close at my office recently. The interiros are bad. It has been squeezed badly. Not much leg room for tall people (5.8+) like me. So i had to struggle to fit it even at the front or the rear. Plus the dashboard is soo boring and the whole interirors for me looked pretty awkward and discomfort.
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Didn't have a chance to take a TD i could see them running on roads trying to catch them up Amaze looks quiet good and fast from outside typical city view from the back and Brio from the front. you can read all the reviews in popular auto sites. Its been competing straight with the DeZire, Etios, Fiesta, Linea segment.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

I did a test drive of the Amaze. All the hype created went in vain as soon as i cranked the engine. I immediately felt it was the old NA type tata indica sound. Honda engine vibrates a lot white starting the car. Not only this by untill 2200-2500 rpm its noisy like hell.

There is no turbo kick whatsoever and its so linear that you will feel there is no turbo at all.

On the good side, city drivability is good due to gearing anf flat torque. Its no fun car to drive like a Dezire diesel. The suspensions are not so good and on corners you feel jumbled. Cost cutting is quite evident in many places.

For time being, Honda has not delivered a " Ho halla" diesel at all.
    7 people like this.
  6. ^^ Italia could you post a detailed review please?
    1 person likes this.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Amaze diesel engine is of aluminium which makes it light but not lighter than MJD engine..Aluminium is lighter compared to iron block engines..Aluminium transmits more noise into the cabin but bcoz of being light it gives more mileage and amaze is not having sound deadening package like Fiat's have..Amaze interiors r boring..They r not simple as Fiat's interiors..But the thing i liked is how honda made leg room in both front n rear by scooping front dashboard to liberate more legroom at front and by scooping front seats from backward to liberate more legroom at rear..And the music system is inclined more towards passenger side which is not good for driver:evilsmile..The interiors r straightaway lifted from Brio..
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    There point in cons section of Amaze which says : • Diesel isn't as high-rpm friendly as the 1.3L MJD
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Nadeem, I'm afraid there are a lot of generalisations in your post mate. Some of the greatest diesel engines at present are constructed entirely of Aluminium. Case in point - BMW M57S - 3000cc, 383Hp, 740Nm torque.

The key thing is the execution of the engine, which as Amit points out seems to be lacking.

Having said all of that, I am not a fan of seeing these Aluminium engines in economy class cars. Because the level of engineering / material strength would definitely be compromised at this price point . Just to save weight. Ford 1.4 Diesel is aluminium too. And you just have to ask any local ford mechanic how many cracked engine blocks(mostly when the engine overheats) he has seen.

Its funny really. On a mileage maximising drive in the Linea 24kmpl+ is really easy to achieve. Inspite of it's heavy weight, cast iron block and what not. :)

4 people like this.
  10. Gurjinder,

Rightly said,It will be interesting to know how FIAT managed to keep weight of MJD engine at 130+ Kgs? Why Honda faild to better it with Aluminium engine?