1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why Fiat Punto MJ

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by rakesh8051, Jan 20, 2011.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Really GP is addictive car.
    When I hand over my GP to dealer more than 24 hr for any service issue, I always feel the absenty of my GP.
    Because of short gear ratio,engine response is very fast as compared to other diesel hatchback.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    3 door Punto is not practical for Indian buyer. There wont be much takers IMO.
    If you want to drive a 3 door Punto, do play Need For Speed Most Wanted videogame. I am a big fan and own a 3 door punto 1.4 T-JET in that game. Here is one small screenshot.
    [attachment=0:1lquswb6]speed 2010-08-01 05-52-19-10.jpg[/attachment:1lquswb6]

speed 2010-08-01 05-52-19-10.jpg
  3. Hi,

Yesterday, i visited M/s Autofin, Sec. to see the Punto MJ & price. He clearly told me that, Autofin going to leave Tata / Fiat dealership. and from April onwards they will start selling Maruti Cars.

i noticed that they are not interested to sell Fiat Cars. telling I have only one model Emotion 2010, which i can offer you the discount, New models no discounts. Even not interested to take my contact details too. ::O

Regarding service, he said other dealers will take care of Service of Fiat Cars. Any way i am not going to buy my car from Autofin.

Near my home / factory, i saw Detroit Motors, they are ASS for Tata, Now i have to visit and ask about service of Fiat Cars, need to check any Fiat Cars holding for service or not.

Browsing this forum even get more tension towards Fiat Car Service, Saw the thread for Fiat Petra D, Just 95 K & 5 years old, and users are planning to sell off, due to service, Spare parts non availability etc.

My In -laws sold 1.55 Lakh KM driven Wagon R LX in 1.65 L, it is 6 years old. No major issue arrived. even not spend any amount except regular service cost.

Diesel engines build for longer durability (see Toyota Quails running well around the city with T Plate)

Fiat MJ engines doing very good job in other models, even I would say, Swift is so popular due to Fiat MJ heart. the ratio between Diesel & Petrol Swift is around 75 Vs 25.

Any way i am still by heart towards Punto MJ. Hope for the best.
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Teky's reply just summed it up well.

Your car will probably spend 10 days at the service centre in a year (for minor fixes, routine service etc). I completely agree that these 10 days have a high probability of causing pain in the wrong place.

But for the rest 355 days : Fiat will please you like no other car.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    If you search ended with Punto MJD then go for Punto 90HP cause no other car n hatchback segment has
    1) Those features in Punto 90HP
    2) VGT Trubo Fun to Drive
    3) Wider Tyres
    4) Available in EP only so no need to add anything except the speakers if you are Music Lover.
    5) Ride & Handling like Punto
    6) Well priced if we compare features & Technology to other cars.

My recommendation just for VGT Turbo go for Punto you will never regret.
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    1. I am from Mumbai. No issue with service here.

2. Upto you to do the PDI. My SX4 came with a mis-aligned steering & non-functioning handbrake when it was delivered. PDI anyone?!

3. Agree to resale but you are buying the diesel. Diesel's generally have much better resale.

4. Why is cost not justified? The cars are pretty loaded and generally VFM. As for warranty, all manufacturer's want to revoke warranty if you change anything.

5. Fast running spares don't have a problem. I waited 6 days for the OVRM of my Punto Emotion PK in Mumbai although that was in September 2010.

6. Agreed.

Lastly, please don't compare the cost of accident repairs of a M800 with other car's. Most cars today come with many safety features that make them heavy and probably more expensive to repair. Do the M800 doors come with side impact beams?!
  7. M800 repair are an example, I am not comparing with the cost, but the response was fantastic with maruti, and they have all the parts in ready stock, we can think the level of stock maintenance of maruti stockiest (lot of model / versions and particular color create huge inventory) also keeping the stocks with proper packing consuming the space and investment too.

Comparing with any other cars, not even only with Fiat, all the other car manufacture have this issue. :thumbs down

Swift / Dzire Diesel (only cars have true booking) are popular due to Fiat Diesel Heart but Fiat is not so popular due to shake of service, which is very bad. :A

Any way, if we want some thing which we like, need to take risk, and this risk are calculated. :drinks
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I am from New Mumbai, took my 1.2 Active On 25.12.2009, i did not have a single issue with the car till now, only the visit to the service shop was 2 times for servicing, ,Monogram was stolen 4 times, just had to replace them, but no issues with the car Touchwood. But visited the showroom often to check out the FIAT cars, The average i get City driving its 11.3 and on Highway it returns 13.8 on the Display, for which i am well happy, the feel you get is like driving a big sedan, and it take the potholes with great smile. Ofcourse i am not buying the car to sell it, I am not blashing about my car. We had padmini, 37D, 118NE, M800 5speed, now enjoying the great Italian Beauty, You may just ask anyone having a Fiat car about the car, i am sure they would not stop talking so do i,
    Why drive the car with others engine in it, better own the same brand of Engine with the Tank Like BODY :car
  9. Why Fiat Punto MJ Means-------Very less mileage for diesel version and lot of AC problems, After sales service problems and resale value is VERY BAD and lot of problems..
  10. Why on earth do you spam all the threads by repeating your same statement that 'Fiat Punto has less mileage'.

At first, I highly recommend you to come up with some evidence so as to make others convinced that there is some truth in what you're saying. Until then, I will take your words with a pinch of salt. ::D

PS: I know this post of mine sounds very harsh! For the record, I have no idea why I am writing this. So, in case if you feel offended, feel free to report this post or PM the mods asking them to delete this post. ::O