1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why Fiat Punto MJ - Part II

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by rakesh8051, Feb 27, 2011.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Very true quote.... Malik Cars kept one customer happy (myself) for more than an year and got many other customers... Kiran for example... It's a fact...

Now coming back to
    Why FIAT is not selling in good numbers?
    1. If you notice the roads these days you will see hell lot of Punto's on Hyderabad road, thanks to improved interiors finish ( i agree that it is not upto the mark)
    2. FIAT need more vehicles, they cannot just keep selling two cars (Punto and Linea) with various engine combinations, instead they should do something like Maruti... multiple cars same engines... Zen Estilo, A-Star, Wagon-R, New Alto --- All K10, Ritz, Swift, Swift Dzire --- All K12... and then we know the fact that any diesel car from maruti is purely a DDI be it swift, ritz or dzire...where as FIAT has two cars Punto and Linea but 5 engines, 73HP MJD, 90HP MJD, 1.4 FIRE, 1.2 FIRE, TJET
    3. They are relying on merciless TATA for everything
    4. No marketing strategy...Now atleast we see some ad's between world-cup matches...I remember when i bought my car and posted the pics on orkut... one of my frnd called the car as Punter... Many people just don't know these cars.
    5. These two cars have not yet completed two years of their launch, i think we should give more time to them and see how they make happy happy customers...

Conclusion: Sandeep, we will not let you take Swift and then come in your Swift for the meet and feel jealous of all of us 2-3 yrs down the line...
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Spares part availability is not a issue with ASS, neither I have problem with their service quality.
    Only thing ASS misses is separate Fiat customer lounge. Customer lounge is the area where I feel ASS is not good.
    Apart from customer lounge and charging me for Wheel Balancing and Alignment in second free service I am very happy with ASS.

Few days back I got the switch panel on which remote boot release, rear defogger buttons are there and it was in stock :dance :dance. And it by no means is a regular item which is used everyday. Spares availability depends upon the dealer.
    Before anyone bash Fiat for poor quality let me tell the switch was not defective, my father put the car perfume upside down due to which perfume damaged the color of the switches.
    I was not charged any labor for changing this. Car was washed and cleaned free of cost, coolant topped up for free :up .
    Maruti charges labor for replacing wiper blades and also charges labor for pasting a Maruti Suzuki logo on the boot. :evilsmile
    Engine oil change interval of M800 is 10k kms and service interval of 5k kms. But every MASS changes engine oil at 5k kms. They milk their customers but people still think they are good and best in service even after being looted.

Fiat owners are very vocal and care for their cars like their babies and would shout of the top even in it's a small problem and blow it out of proportion. How many times you find Maruti owners bashing their cars for rattles, A fiat owner would bash the car and fiat and would get upset even for a very small squeak which other people can't even listen.
    Best way to create a demand for a product is to limit it's supply and create shortage of product and this is one area where Maruti have never failed till now.

I guess I have gone way :eek:fftopic

Fiat is a exclusive brand in India and I wish it remains exclusive just because I love it when people stares at the Fiats admiring the cars. Fiat is not a brand for MASSES it's the brand for the people who listen to their hearts and not their brains.
    And as said above by other members I can live with bad service for few days in a year, but I could not live without Linea on other days of year.
    If we would not have bought Linea, my heart would have missed a beat or two for Linea every-time I would have seen other Linea on road.
    I was not born as Fiat fan neither I was a fan of Fiat before Linea. It's the Linea which forced me to become a fan of Fiat.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    100 % agreed to Vijay ::T
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i am so glad to read couple of lines in here so i take liberty to add mine also into it

If i did not have bought punto, my heart would have missed a beat or two for punto every-time I would have seen other punto on road.
    I was not born as Fiat fan neither I was a fan of Fiat before punto. It's the punto which forced me to become a fan of Fiat.

sorry vijay khasa ji.. :)
  5. Joy Ehlers

Joy Ehlers

It has powerful engine. Good interior and exterior parts. Fiat parts and other accessories are accessible i mean can be bought easily in lowest prices. It has also good fuel efficiency.