1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why Fiat Punto MJ - Part II

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by rakesh8051, Feb 27, 2011.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Please PM me your number and Address.... I will talk to Tejaswi and Malik both to have a good TD car at your place at the desired time.... But you have to first decide whether it will be MJD or 90HP MJD :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping

I really wanna listen to Boom boom music in your Punto during our next meet.... I just loved the ICE in your Wagon R...

I had a talk with Tejaswi guys and they actually changed their TD vehicles last to last week and most of them are now 2011 make....

Another update: FIAT has introduced a Com-Paint Interior paint (Black), which if done with perfection changes the whole interiors of the car and gives the soft feel just like how it was there in Surya Sir's TJET... and it costs just 260 bucks....

And about the spares... Actually being a FIAT fan i headed to Tejaswi on Friday evening and Malik on Saturday evening to check o the spares availability.... They are now really working hard and neck to neck... even Tejaswi terminated one of their SA... I also suggested the Service and Spares Head to recruit few guys from Hyundai or Maruti SC's as they know a lot better way to treat customers rather than getting people from other TATA SC's....

I agree that Tejaswi at this point of time lacks good technicians but they are investing money on this side proactively...
    Malik is anyday my first choice because of expert SA's and technicians.....
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Kindly share further details and if possible pics too.
  3. shashanknathani

Pune
    I am yet to procure one... The dealer has placed the order and will be available in 2-3 days...
    Pics to follow after my car gets the treatment... I have to find a guy also who can do it to perfection...
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Quoting entire post as you make some very pertinent points some of which were a part of my buying decision of Linea also. I would have bought Linea even if it would have been made by some zunzun motors. But the question is - whether zunzun motors can make such cars? Linea makes me yearning for long drive. Yday I drove her to Surat amidst some 30 diversions in highway due to construction. Still I enjoyed the drive thoroughly. Yday I drove my brother's Manza MJD. Inspite of being Linea's 1st cousin there is helluva difference. Manza's steering inspite of being HPS, felt a big Zero against Linea's class-leading HPS.

I still hate to visit service stations.

I factored some "provisions" for TASC and number of TASC visits while buying Linea. I said this 2 years back - my thinking of buying Linea was that I am ok to be unhappy for 15 days in a year rather than sacrificing that big grin on face driving her for balance 350 days in a year.
  5. shashanknathani

Pune
    I feel like copying this and make it my signature... :drinks
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    If you have even 1% doubt on Fiat or any other mfr, I suggest you don't buy their cars. There is no point of living with it for 4-5 years cursing yourself in case any Such issue haunts you later. Better to Go with mfr in which you have 100% confidence. If its Maruti, so be it.
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Forget Swift and buy a Punto ..... I bet you won't regret. I owned a Maruti Alto for over 2 yrs. I had some good experiences and some nasty experiences too at Maruti service centres (So can't say that they are like angels for the car owner). I agree Maruti is better at service than TATA supported Fiat. But things look a lot brighter to me from Fiat's end. I had many bad experiences with the service and the last service I got from Malik cars (thanks to shashank, srikar and sharath) I must admit I had a very good experience. Now I am sure I need not visit the service center for almost 10 months because my car feels very refreshing.

Rakesh Sir, I am not particular Fiat lover. I bought Punto cause I loved the look, the MJ engine which is the heart of the best selling cars in India and most importantly that it came in my budget. I was also a bit skeptical about the spares and servicing part. I had a talk with few people before deciding for Punto. But the strength behind my confidence in Fiat is TFI. We have an awsome group of people who are always ready to help eachother. We as Fiat users are trying our best to the most quality service out of the dealers and I am sure we will get it pretty soon.

From now my car might go for a service only once in a year. The other 364 days the car is with me doing the best it has been built to do. Giving me the utmost satisfaction of driving a car in terms of ride quality, comfort and safety. This is the reason why I bought a Punto, to drive.
  8. shashanknathani

Pune
    Sandeep sirji: Go for Exotica Red MJD Punto Active.... :dance :dance :dance
  9. guru

guru

Hyderabad
    whoa! Is this available now? wish it came in beige. That'd look quite sophisticated ::T
  10. Have you noticed at electronics consumer market, or general market, say Samsung is opening there exclusive "Samsung Plaza", Nokia > Nokia Shop, Sony > Sony Center >> why they are working exclusively, when there products are available each & every shops.

Duo Brands concept is beneficial for dealers only. Do you think that the Indica buyer can convert into Punto or Linea?

Dealers will sell only those products, where they are comfortable and getting good margins.

Why we liked Punto or Linea because the design from Fiat HO, Not from the Indian Fiat plant.

Indian Plants are just destroying the image of good products by not providing proper support.

Kapoor's & team are just getting MNC salaries. I don't think they are doing something to save product.

Duo brand = ???? ??? ?? ???????? !