1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why Fiat India have 4 Models in their showroom, 2 models are almost inactive.

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by rakesh8051, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Hi,

I am just guessing, :confused: Why Fiat India selling 4 models, out of four, two (Fiat 500 & Fiat Palio) are inactive completely.

my view:

* If they sell Punto & Linea's, the count reaches only 2 mark.
    * If they sell Punto, Linea & Fiat 500's, they feel 3 number are not correct.
    * Thus they are keeping 4 cars in there showroom.

What you say ?

Mods: If i kept this thread into wrong place, pl move it to suitable category.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2011
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    They should launch FIAT Palio MJD again as it is market requirement. People are looking for cheap Diesel car. If FIAT launch Palio Diesel then it will be a good competitor of BEAT Diesel.
  3. maverick

maverick Amatore

Fiat Palio diesel will cannibalize the sales of Punto MJD. Palio has more cabin space when compared to Punto and also superior back seat ride quality.
  4. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Cost cutting is the answer! :p They do not want to spend more money in the indian market where people only know Honda City and Suzuki Swift..
    @Disclaimer- I'm not against any swift owner, only against people who think it is the best car in the world!
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Some superstitious people in Fiat India you mean? :evilsmile

I don't think an automotive giant like FIAT gives much importance to these numbers and figures etc. while deciding what car to place inside the dealership. Besides, over here in Chandigarh, you will find "only" two models- Linea and Punto.

They don't showcase Palio Stile and FIAT 500 can be seen maybe once a year.
  6. If that was so why didnt the sales of palio mjd ever pickup after its launch
  7. maverick

maverick Amatore

The interiors of Palio is dated, thats one of the reasons that sales never picked up.
  8. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    I think its a high time now for Fiat to act. Either they should increase the product line and introduce cars in volume segment (2.75 lakhs onwards) or they should aggressively give Indians heavy marketing dose for their existing product line.

Fiat wake up. I think what you are doing is not enough. Pump in some Italian fortune to India. Get the tone right for this market.
  9. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    FIAT badly need following,
    i) Linea 1.6D alongwith existing models
    ii) Punto variants can be continued as it is.
    iii) Palio interior should be refreshed and relaunch in a big way ( Cost 3.5 to 5 Lakhs) or launch of Uno evo/Palio evo
    iv) low cost car ( below 3 L) should be launched by this year end on top priority.
    v) FIAT never launched SUV in India. Freemont will be the best SUV from FIAT to launch in India. It will not give them numbers but definately a solid presence on road and it will attract car buyers also towards brand FIAT.
    vi) Fiat500 to be either locally manufactured or better to discontinue.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  10. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    BTW, Fiat may bring their Compact SUV called Sedici to India.