1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Whom to Blame.......

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by Anand, Jan 19, 2015.

1. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

KA51
    GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Well said. I too stick to the middle lane, and prefer to let the crazies go by. (though I myself am often in the triple digits )

I try to keep a "safe zone" around myself, and the faster I'm going, the bigger this zone gets. So if anything gets into this zone I know I need to get my right foot ready over the brake pedal.
    unleash_thunder and Rituraj like this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Ex Cricketer Sanjay Manjrekar conducted an experiment in association with Mumbai Mirror to guage the traffic discipline amongst motorists in Mumbai. Read the attached article. I could related so much to this experiment esp when I am shown the middle finger, hurled abuses, honked at incessantly at traffic signals when I stop before the zebra crossing. I however keep a straight face every time coz even if I smiled at them they would take it offensively.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/cover-story/Reclaim-your-road/articleshow/45936159.cms
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    You could have stopped with the stories and refrained from posting such gory pictures.
    You should attach a statutory warning in the title-disturbing pictures included....
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

We Indians work best with the stick/cane policy. Too much freedom/liberty/rights are alien to the traditional Indian ethos which has been ruled by kings and empires. I would go so far as to encourage the implementation of engine speed control norms for all vehicles registered in India. 2 Wheelers up to 150cc- max speed 60kph. Beyond 150cc- 80 kph.
    All cars up to 1000 cc- max speed 80kph. 1000-1500 cc- 100 kph. All cars above 1500cc-120 kph . This ensure s that 80 % of the cars sold without ABS/Airbags have atleast some intrinsic safety measure.

All commercial transport vehicles restricted to 75 kph.
    By design.
    We will never be able to implement self control. It is simply missing in our genes !
    asimpleson likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @acechip, with modern electronics (ECUs) already in place, it should be fairly easy to do. :)
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Anand

Anand Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Speed limits should be based on Crash test results and rating :p. U can understand the situation of M and H egg shells.:stop:
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    If you see the skoda pics, it seems the total fault was from the driver side. Pillion side front wheel is stepney, while others are Alloys, it's very obvious that car with front left in stepney will drag the car towards left. On top that the driver should be over confident about his driving as he was cruising 140/hr using stepney wheel in front...
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The only viable way of accomplishing an improvement in our apocalyptic road safety standards is to: seperate pedestrian, cycling, motorbike/scooter and especially to have BRT bus-only lanes, EVEN if that slows down/jams car traffic speeds drastically. Over time, the latter, will persuade people on the margin to increasingly switch to 2-wheelers/walking/buses and of course metros if available (eventually, like in 2050, to be optimimistic!) I believe Car Owners deserve to lose out in favour of the more numerous and vulnerable pedestrians and 2-wheeler-wala-s, esp in cities.

Even our highways need physical design attention: that can accomplish a lot. Severe, serial speed breakers clearly marked and signalled in advance at important points, or just, in any case, every few kms?
    asimpleson likes this.
  9. Anand

Anand Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3