1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Whom to Blame.......

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by Anand, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Anand

Anand Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello guys

Few accident pics

Punto: happened in December while driving my friend slept and rammed slow moving truck @ 120KM/hr. Nothing happened to my friend by vehicle is total loss.

Skoda: Happened on 13th Mid night near naidupeta. Lorry parked off the road. Skoda driver is over taking and lost control and hit the lorry from front. Met victim family members on site, as per them car is cruising @ 140km/hr. Co-pasenger a lady and her kid died on spot, driver hands broken, a lady in coma who is sitting behind. Worst thing is person who is driving the car is a Doctor.

Swift: Happened on 18th While I was returning from home near Kavali. Guy in shorts is the driver. He is blaming 2 wheeler which came suddenly accross. But he overtook us 15min earlier. I my self was around 100km/hr. I can imagine how much he is driving.

All these happened due to drivers error/sense less driving. All of them are well educated.

altAsTiQjDcOpskRCrv6_GguN1jvYP6DQgpO1ZJRyJ2zLYA.jpg

altAvUasK-cVwCwoa5gZ3RjzAZayxQLu_5AGhSJ5NvNRfLo.jpg

WP_20150114_17_16_09_Pro.jpg

WP_20150114_17_16_16_Pro.jpg

WP_20150114_17_17_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20150114_17_17_31_Pro.jpg

WP_20150118_12_48_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20150118_12_48_35_Pro.jpg

WP_20150118_12_48_46_Pro.jpg

WP_20150118_12_49_05_Pro.jpg

WP_20150118_12_50_02_Pro.jpg
    Dr. Fixated, prabhjot and dadasaheb like this.
  2. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    We can trust our driving but not everyone on road
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    What is the message being sent out?

Lack of traffic rules knowledge, lack of patience, non adherence to speed limits and you will end up in such pics. Whatever be the capacity of the car one is driving, capacity to avert any accident is always in the hands of the driver only. Practicing patience IMO is the key to safe driving.
  4. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Certainly patience is the key. I personally prefer sedate driving; drive ~70-80 kmph (an occassional 90 kmph) in the middle lane and am really happy to give way to the speed maniacs. Road conditions in our country does not warrant driving at triple digit speeds. Add to that the poor traffic sense, hasty pedestrians looking out to cross roads on highways, unscientific speed breakers etc and you have a recipe for disaster.
    dhinas, PradeepM, JohnyBoy and 2 others like this.
  5. Anand

Anand Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Lack of maturity, driving sense could be major reasons. I hardly see any body respecting each other on highways.
    dhinas and Dr. Fixated like this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Anand

In general Indians value their 'private/domestic/neighbourly and ethno-religious' spaces utterly AND truly open PUBLIC spaces not AT ALL, seeing them as resources to used, raided and abused instrumentally.

Our traffic and road behaviour is the most apt metaphor for our WIDER contempt for the commons, the shared inclusive equal public space where, along with the police/government/law, we must get along with fairness and equity and peace and reaonableness, even as we each pursue our own self-interest.

'We are like this only.'

It is for the government, the law and the police to 'civilise' us, because we sure are not going to do it on our own!! But that these too are 'like this only' leaves one despairing.....!:arghh: :p :confused: :banghead: :blackeye: :inpain:
  7. Anand

Anand Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In India Road safety is always ignored by all. There are so many companies doing CSR activities, Is road safety cannot be included into CSR by companies. I have seen this in Japan where employees are getting trained for road safety with different instances which may cause fatal accidents on roads.
    unleash_thunder likes this.
  8. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Just one observation from my side:

Swift's left front wheel is missing :eek:. Also, the car appears to be a lower or mid variant as there are no fog lamps in the front. Consequently, there would be no ABS and Airbags. I am just wondering as to how on earth, was the driver so much confident that he was driving higher triple digit speeds without having requisite safety features in his car :banghead:. Even if he had one, higher speed makes braking difficult. Just do not understand the psyche of the driver :confused:.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anand,
    That's a dream of safety on Indian roads to everyone. Though you are good, sensible,matured driver there are situations you need to behave like those moron driver's.
    Only one thing to come out of this is online system, where breaking rules leads to high penalty.Best is UK driving practice and rules.Instead of bullet trains govt should have emphasized more on safety especially automation of National and state highways.Oops its a dream.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Horrifying pics. Rightly said by @ghodlur patience and respect for other road users is the key to avert such untoward situations. Looking at the condition of Skoda, I remember one episode of "Fifth Gear" on Discovery Turbo wherein the team had crashed VW Passat & Delivery Van head-on against each other (at speed of 50 mph). Experiment was to see the impact on both vehicles and its occupants, VW though being very well built, sheer mass of Delivery truck crushed Passat like a piece of paper. Conclusion was that higher mass vehicles can crush the lighter mass vehicles badly even though at individual level lighter mass vehicle in specific case might have best in class build quality. Same goes for Skoda's case, since it hit a Lorry and that too at high speed, definitely it was an open invitation for Yumraj.