1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Who will service my gp....

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by raavs, Oct 11, 2013.

1. raavs

raavs Timido

Visakhapatnam
    I ve bought a GP on March 2012 and till date i was very satisfied with it except for small niggles which happens with every car.

Now coming to the problem, I am from Visakhapatnam, AP and till recently we had 2 TATA dealers (viz., SRMT & Sivashankar) to take up the service issues but now they are reluctant to take up the service and SRMT says he will take up the servce provided the required spares are available with him only.

I jus dont really understand what to do and the nearest Fiat service centre is only h yderabad which is 700kms away.

Everyone told me before buying that FIAT service is a problem till date i never felt that. But now i m feeling the heat.

when called to Fiat cust care they said jus wait for 15 days....i jus m not sure what will they do..

GOD PLEASE HELP....

RaviKiran
    Visakhapatnam
  2. You can check for service center in FIAT india website or save the trouble order all the service parts from 99rpm.com and get it serviced at a trusted mechanic.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As per Fiat website, SRMT should service Fiat cars.
    Do you have any issues, or is this regular servicing?

Do send one email to service.India@fiat.com as well.
    1 person likes this.
  4. yougotmi

yougotmi Amatore

Gaya
    I just got to know that Tata Fiat tie up has come to an end. Where should fiat owners go now, if there is fault or need to get the car serviced? I am in Gaya, Bihar now and the nearest service center is almost 400 kms away.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Guys,

Dont get disheartened so fast. I am sure Fiat must have thought of something as an alternative to the Tata tie up. Would suggest to post the Fiat FB page OR drop a mail to the service e-mail id available on Fiat India web page (call the toll free no) enquiring the service provision status.

RaviKiran - When Fiat said wait for 15 days, did they confirm about options that are going to be made available?
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    hopefully Gaya will have a Fiat SC soon.

Till then i guess the nearest SC for you is at Patna, 100 kms away from Gaya:
    JMK Fiat, Kankarbagh Main Road,
    opp. HP Petrol Pump,
    Kankarbagh, Patna, Bihar
    patna - 800020
  7. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    I am in the same boat. There is no service center now in the 320km radius. There are issues with my car that need to be attended to urgently. However, the regular schedule doesn't permit me to undertake the journey, as I am pretty sure that it won't be a single day exercise. The local TASS has stopped attending to Fiat cars w.e.f Dec 30, 2013. Many Fiat owners here in Assam have sold off their cars at throwaway prices, unable to put up with service related issues. Even I am pondering on doing the same. :confused:
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  8. yougotmi

yougotmi Amatore

Gaya
    I was advised by service@fiat to visit Ranchi for geting my car serviced. The issue is that my car broke down last week, after showing some error warnings on my dashboard. I replied to Fiat, if they would reimburse for my travel, stay and tow (if the car broke down). To which they have not yet replied. Patna service center does not have adequate softwares to check Puntos.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I am sure, it is not going to be soon. I had also inquired about opening up Fiat Service center/ Cafe last year and send them the required details. They never bothered to reply back.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You are not the only one bro, there are many customers in same category. I have stopped doing service , i have skipped my 60k and 90k service intervals.Fiat didnt even bothered about such customers
    1 person likes this.
  10. Every one who owns FIAT out of the city limit facing the same problem. At this situation its better to wait for FIAT to take proper alternatives, till then its better to purchase spares from 99rpm and get service from known local mechanic.

And i too 160 kms away from FASS. I take yearly once to FASS to service my car, till then i get serviced by local known mechanic to change door handles , power window switch etc.

- - - Merged Post - - -

And till date i m very much satisfied with GP. The best hatch in this segment. Proud owner who stands out in the crowd, THATS THE FIAT.