1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

WHITE SMOKE

Discussion in 'Technical' started by soumen4u2, Mar 10, 2015.

1. soumen4u2

soumen4u2 Timido

New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Hey guys, I have a fiat punto grande 2010 Diesel. Around last month my fiat have started consuming engine oil very rapidly. Now a few days back I am experiencing White smoke and loss of power. I inquired in a service center. There the guy told me that they need to do a complete engine overhaul which will cost around 75K. Moreover he is saying that the issue can be with the turbo which will cost another 25 to 30K. Can somebody please guide me regarding this issue. Any suggestions are welcome.
  2. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    You have not mentioned any details on the age of car, What type of oil you had been using.

1. Most Likely it may be Turbo Seal Failure - The oil leaks from the turbo and gets sucked in to combustion chamber. as a result you get smoke plus as well as oil gets low. Turbo replacement would cost 12k for refurbished turbo.

2. Worn out piston rings ( engine overhaul ) huge bills .. 60 k .

How is the pickup and performance ?
  3. soumen4u2

soumen4u2 Timido

New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Thanks Sujit508.
    The pickup has dropped in the last one month. No issues with the mileage. The car has I checked up with the service center. They informed that the turbo is working fine. Issues may be with the piston ring. The car has run about 30000 Kms and was running awesomely till 28000 Kms. Anyways the car is 2010 Punto active.

Given it to the service center. Keeping my fingers crossed about the bill.

:p
  4. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I hope you have shown it to other service centers to get another opinion on the same?

30000 km is very less for an engine overhaul. unless low engine oil has already damaged the engine. (was there oil leaking, sump damage? ). By the way check if your car is under warranty/extended warranty.