1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

White Smoke from my Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by bhaumik, Jun 11, 2014.

1. My Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD Emo.pk is giving me white smoke when in neutral and accelerated to 4000 rpm. And, when in running condition I can see black cloud in IRVM mirror.

I remember my turbo hose was worn out twice and was replaced. Now the fiat tech is telling me that the turbo actuator is not working. The fuel efficiency is also very bad. I get 12 to 14 kmpl in display. What to do?

I would like to know how the actuator really works and if its not working how to maintain it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
  2. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If it's the turbo actuator, your car's initial pickup will be hampered for sure. If it is not so, the problem could be the turbo itself. For better life of the turbo always follow the turbo timing/idle rule.

Cheers,
    Mahesh
  3. From The day my car came back from fiat service station I felt slight change (betterness ) in acceleration. But when I raved up my steady car it gave white smoke at 4k rpm.

But when I drive if I take it up to 2.5k ... It would give a small black cloud.

Ya as you've said I don't get much of thrust in the lower rpm....

I've seen some videos on YouTube ... where I saw actuator pulls the rod inside at the time of starting and when we accelerate it moves itself back and forth.... In my case it was not moving back . It just pulled at the time of starting ...I might put a video of my car next time just to view ...

Bhaumik

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk 2
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Exactly same obserevation mine too.
    I am facing problem of lack of strong low end grunt,powerloss & heavyness.

I will check of my MSX4 DDiS & update the same.

For white smoke I suspect faulty head gasket.
    Coolent/coolent vapours are being burned in combustion chambers.
    Sometimes white smoke is due to faulty oil rings of piston also.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014