1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Which Type of Fuel : All fuel related queries and discussions

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Kaushik Talauliker, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Kaushik Talauliker

Kaushik Talauliker Novizio

Margao Goa
    Margao - Goa
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Guys just need some help.
    2 days before my T-jet tank was almost drying up so had arrived on petrol pump.
    Unfortunately there was strike here in Goa and almost all petrol pump was dried up with the normal Petrol (that Company Specified) so i was left with no choice but to add SPEED in my tank.
    My only concern is will there be any damage to the engine ? And what if i continue with SPEED Petrol? Or should i switch back to my normal Petrol ?
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi. In fact Speed or 'premium petrol' from other omc-s is preferable for turbo petrols like the t-jet. In any case, there'll be no issue, i don't think, PROVIDED there is no adulterated or even dirty, under-spec petrol being proffered at your usual pumps. Doubt that is the case, really, given that you're in Goa, India's least corrupt state! ;-) My t-jet's been fine with normal petrol always flled at the same coco pump here in gurgaon, but have had one 'dirty fuel' episode that rogered the fuel pump when we'd been filling up a few times in delhi instead. I now fill premium petrol only from the coco as much as possible.

cheers
    Anup likes this.
  3. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Speed is a good fuel, it basically a normal petrol with a tiny amount of additive with a higher price tag :)
    You can switch to regular with no issues.
    My Palio runs really smoothly with Speed and when I use normal petrol from a Shell retail near-by for emergency purpose I get to a difference, as long as it is a COCO or a reputed Platinum retail of BPCL speed petrol works like a charm.
    prabhjot likes this.