1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

which Sunfilm and UnderBody antirust coating.

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by amarteotia, Dec 17, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ajit is right.

Fiat does not recommend using sun film at the rear. This is given in the manual too. You can have the film done on the outside for rear alone.

And its better to do the filming without removing the glasses.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Ramjn, you are saying all 4 windows the film should be done on the inside and the rear should be done on the outside?
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That's right. You can do on the inside for the rear too if done by a professional installer. I have done inside only.
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I am going to 3m. I guess that's professional enough. What's the reason to do the film on the inside? also, are the demystifier on the inside of the rear glass?
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    They do professional job. You need not worry about that.
    Yes. It's the demystifier strips that gets damaged because of the sunfilm. If done by a professional installer and also if removed by a professional, there won't be any damage.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Mr. Dushy just called from 3M and said CS 50 is ineffective in Chennai and is rarely used here. He recommends RE 50 or CS 35 instead.
    I will go there and see for myself. The Sun film and the paint sealant are going to set me back by about 15K :eek:
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What's split up of the cost? Looks bit expensive.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    How long does this "sealant" last? Any ideas?

Just go for the Sunfilm mate. The paint sealant is a bit of an overkill in my books. Just an attempt to squeeze your walllet.
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    CS 35 or CS 50 or RE 50 - Sun Film for the 4 side windows and 1 Rear Glass = 5.5K
    CR 70 for the Wind Screen = 7.5K
    Paint Sealant = 3.3K

Like Gurjinder said, I might just get the Sun film for now and think the sealant thing through.
    I just plan to get the sides and the rear covered for now, the windscreen can wait.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3

I thought the price doesn't include for windshield. Now, it makes sense.
    But, the price for Paint Sealant is expensive. Hey, whats this paint sealant? Do they call this way or is it called "Paint protection for new cars"? If so, for Punto it should be somewhere around 2k. This cost is for sedans.