1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

which Sunfilm and UnderBody antirust coating.

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by amarteotia, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Excellent. So I will get CS 70 for the 4 windows as I don't want to reduce visibility. I just want to cut out the heat and the glare. Plus, CS series is affordable at 4-5K. Will get a CR 70 for the winscreen after a few months.
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    AFAIK, CR is the most expensive series in 3M range. It's best that you get it on front windshield only. For Linea, the MRP of CR70 for front windshield is Rs 7750. So you can imagine how much it will cost for all 4 sides+rear.

CS (Color Stable) series is what I got and would recommend to you. You can choose the shade as per your liking. This is the standard, non-reflective looking sun film and will cost around 3-4k for the sides+rear.

RE series is a metallised one and adds the 'gangsta' looks as it's a reflective film. I personally do not like it.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I have CS20 for windows and CR70 for windshield. I doubt whether CS70 is available. If not opt for CS50. It wouldn't harm you in any way.
    1 person likes this.
  4. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Llumar PP60 for front windscreen
    My beauty got Llumar sun control filming for front glass today. Car already has sides and rare glass filming provided by dealer, in love with dark charcol looks and and planning to keep it till I brush off with law someday n sometime! Llumar PP60 is the one I was suggested by the dealer for VFM and heat rejection with better visibility. Was not in position to quest the one suggested as got a Honda Citi and a Santro filming done from same vendor in family.

Heat Rejection:
    So far so good. As I dont have experience to compare with other products, I am happy with the heat rejection from the windscreen after comparing it with the windscreen which was earlier without filming. Now I don't get burning feeling on exposed hands while driving in afternoon.
    Installation:
    4/10. There are visible scratches which annoy me. When objected(after installation), the installation guy said those are squeezee marks which would go in a few days.. as if I bought the excuse!
    Looks
    Was not expecting but got a slight golden tint when looked from angle and a cool reflection as well.... loving it!
    Overall
    7/10
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Excellent! CS 50 it is then.
    Just two last questions on this - Does the Punto rear window need a sun film? I noticed that it is already tinted a little and has some kind of stripes on it. I think they come with a factory fitted tint. Secondly, is it better to put the film on the outside or the inside? I read in this thread that some people prefer to remove the door panes and some don't.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Relativity,
    Those stripes are heating coils used against the mist.
    I have sun film on rear glass.one quick questn does this affects the heating coil?
  7. Ganges ,
    If they use the standard plastic strip to remove the bubbles in the rear it can damage the heating coil.So experienced guys wont use this method in rear glass which can result in few bubbles which is acceptable.

Ajit
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ajit,
    I have done with filming garware make and i dnt see any bubbles.
    Do you mean to say should i check when heating coils are ON ? i haven't checkd yet(not yet got the chance to use)
  9. In day light itself if we check closely on the heating coil strip we can see whether there is any cut or not .

Ajit
    1 person likes this.
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I think in that case it is better not to put any film on the rear.