1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

which Sunfilm and UnderBody antirust coating.

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by amarteotia, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Tushar :

agree with anoop go for a higher series of tints in a slightly less costing brands

look at the AIR series in llumar they are pretty good for the price.
  2. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

U guys are simply great and am happy to be here!

Oh Nish, sorry for asking again, does it mean V-Cool for front windscreen and 3M for side and rear would justify... or not?

Llumar, humm. The reason I was thinking of was just that I liked the exterior reflection of V-Cool' gold dust ;). but if the price diff is more than 5k and as suggested here if the performance would not be drastically diff, I would have to reconsider to Air series.

At Pune, the temp is pretty stable bet 28-34 throughout the year, so actually its not as imp as it would be at Delhi or even Mumbai. But its the heat rejection from windscreen and exterior reflection(looks beautiful) that made me think of V-Cool. So now I'll give it a second thought and see Llumar Air as suggested by Phew and Dj Nish.
  3. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Buddy, I did not find it justified to spend 13k on the front windshield. I went for 3M CR70, which is top of the line and similar to VKool's windscreen film. It cost me 7k. For the sides and rear, I chose 3M CS50, which is a black shade, RTO approved film. That was for 4k.

I have a Black car and the reflective series (called RE in 3M and Gold Dust in VKool etc) does not suit it in my opinion.
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
    VKool is great for high temp areas and that's why it is very popular in Middle East. However, it depends on your budget. I feel 3M and Llumar are pretty similar in terms of price and quality. I chose 3M because of the brand and also since they are the inventors and patent holders of sun films!
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

How about the cheapest SP series from 3M, is that any good?
    I need something with good visibility for the 4 windows on my Punto as i just learnt driving. I don't know which is better, CS or RE series. I think 70% visibility should be good.
    Also, i plan to leave out the windscreen and the rear window for better visibility. will that make the car look weird?

Please let me know the difference between SP, CR and RE series.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Just a word of caution guys, whenever you're getting the film stuck to you're windows no matter how long it takes keep a keen eye on the guy who applies it.
    When i got my sunfilms , I did not notice it but later after a few months I saw that the guy had actually scratched my "Front windshield" itself.
    Its a pretty thick scratch too.. I was disappointed as I trusted this guy. Fortunately it was on the LHS and does not really obstruct any vision so i just let it be.
    be careful
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    3M has 4 varieties of films.

SP series - Entry level. Cheap. Decent sun control. For good visibility go for SP 35/50. I don' recommend this anyway.
    CS Series - Very decent film. Not that costly. For clear visibility again go for CS35/50.
    RE Series - Neutral film. Slightly expensive than CS. RE 35 is good.
    CR Series - It is most expensive of the lot from 3M. Very good film. CR 35/50 should be good for you.

In any case, I recommend doing sun-film for windshield as well (since you have ACC in your car). It won't distract you in any form. CR 70 is a absolute clear film with very good sun control.

I recommend lumar or 3M. If you can afford go for V-kool. Its expensive than lumar and 3M. But, avoid Garware.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Go for Garware Ice-cool Elite. 50% VLT for side window & 70 % VLT for rear windshield. It is RTO approved. & cost friendly too. Rs. 6 to 6.5 K with 5 years warrantee.

Quality is as equal to costly 3M,Lumar etc. I am using it on my Dzire DDiS. & have used on my former 75 BHP.

Results are awesome. Forget these costly brands.
    If you are getting same quality of 3M & Lumar then why to spend extra on costly brands?
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why to avoid garware?any reason?
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Thanks Ramjn. In any 3M film, the numbers denote higher visibility or lower? For Example, CS 70 will have 70% visibility; right?
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Higher the number higher the visibility. But, I don't think it denotes the percentage of visibility though. For instance, CR70 is as good as a clear film. It would not reduce the visibility at all.