1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

which Sunfilm and UnderBody antirust coating.

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by amarteotia, Dec 17, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    CR70 is not tinted and will not affect visibility. I have done this in my Linea.
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Thanks. How's the heat rejection? And what do you have on sides and rear?
    At 18k, he's offering you the starter package, not the high end. The most expensive range in VKool runs into 41k+.
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    He might be correct. I got a quote for Punto at 12000 for front and 7500 onwards for rear in chennai. Now I am planning to go for 3M which i believe is equally good.
  4. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    Dj.nish : do you know the product name that goes up to 41K? What he quoted to me was V-Kool 70 for the front windshield (94% IRR, 70%VLT) and V-Kool 40 (98% IRR and 43% VLT) for side+rear
    Edit: Not sure about the V-Kool 40, I think he said something 'Economy' - will have to call him and confirm
    Thanks, interestingly the guy I was speaking to said according to the V-Kool MRP list they get from the company, Punto is actually slightly more expensive than Linea ! Something about the glass surface area being more?? I kind of find that hard to believe, but can't say for sure , maybe true.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  5. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Here you go.
    1. Economy package : 60% heat rejection for side and rear + 94% heat rejection for front : Rs 17,750
    2. Elegant package : 76% heat rejection for side and rear + 94% heat rejection for front : Rs 21,500
    3. Select package : 92% heat rejection for side and rear + 94% heat rejection for front : Rs 30,000
    4. Premium package : 94% heat rejection for side and rear + 94% heat rejection for front : Price n/a
    5. Diamond package : 99% heat rejection for side and rear + 94% heat rejection for front : Rs 41,500

IMG_1595.jpg
  6. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks for this info ! I checked and the package I am getting is in fact #1 on your list. For the front it is VKool 70 i.e 94% heat rejection which is the most expensive bit. The sides is the Signature series K37 - all together it is coming to 18K with Bill or ~16 K without. Warranty of 5 years is provided either way and I think Iam going to go for it.
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    If you are opting for Package 1, then 3M has a similar package but at a much lower cost of Rs 12,750 (company price - which can be further reduced if you negotiate with the dealer)
  8. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    I am expecting my Linea to be delivered in a week and also confused for filming reading all this.
    my Q:
    basic model of costly brand (V-cool in 17k)Vs better model of less costly brand (Llumar/3M in 12k): which combination would be better performance(read as heat rejection)?
    I have faced issue of front heat rejection importance on one sunny morning. AC was on and we were sipping colddrinks but still I was getting hot patches on hands at exposed skin at front seat, thats where I decided the filming has to be better in my car.. a must!
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

@tushargn: If the important parameters are same, go for higher models of less costly brand. Check for the VLT and IRR % of the models you are comparing.
  10. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I have got 3M done and happy with it in scorching Mumbai heat. I compared the high end of VKool and 3M. For the windscreen, there is a difference of 100%! I feel that's un-justified and not VFM.

For the sides and rear, the heat rejection between 3M and Vkool is 10-12%.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011