1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

which Sunfilm and UnderBody antirust coating.

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by amarteotia, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I have garware (Elite) and looks cool in my medium grey Punto, the choice is yours
    i had done the 3M polish while taking the delivery and they did it in 3 steps.
    Attaching the Picture of my medium grey Punto.:p

DSC00372.jpg
  2. Jayit

Jayit Timido

kolkata
    I was reading abt sunfilms and have certain queries:
    1. Is windshield sunfilm safe? Is there any problem during night time driving?
    2. Could i get a CS 70 film for my two front windows and RE 50 at back and back side windows? No film is front..
    3. What are the 3M dealers in Kolkata and what is the general cost of CS70 and RE 50.
    4. Is there any issues with COPS on RE50?

Rgds,
    Jayit
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  4. BarneyX

BarneyX

Kolkata
    After reading through this forum, I guess Im getting more confused. My Punto's delivery is in 2 days, and I guess I wont do any tint at all now. The dealer has given me a INR 5K voucher to purchase anything from the accessories store that he has. He offered Garware (4S +R) for 1650, he also has VKool Economy (MP60 or something) for 4500 and VKool Elegant Silver for 12000.

Totally confused what to do. Moolah is okay for me if its worth it (i mean for the 12k one).
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    BarneyX VKool is one of the best brands and then comes 3M. For VKool they normally do the installation in a closed dust free environment. I am not sure whether any TASS would do it. Trust me it is worth going for VKool if your budget permits. But make sure the installation is done by authorised persons and you get warranty for that. It may carry 3-5 yrs warranty. The same is applicable for 3M as well. Even reviews about the Indian Brand Garware is also good. Dont go for the local stuff.
  6. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Hi BerneyX, I did sunfilming of punto while taking delivery on 8th august. It is 3M brand with cost Rs. 3850(all four windows).The quality is good and we could see 3M watermark on the film. (Not sure about 50 or 70% thingy). I checked with him for VKool as well but he said it will be very expensive and starts from Rs. 9500.
  7. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    All,

I am planning to go for sun film for my new punto. One person has given me a quote of 7k for
    - 3M CR70 - 4 side windows and rear wind screen
    - 3M CR70 (specifically for front windshield, he said something like 'one layer...')

3M guys themselves quote around 7K just for front windshield (CR70), just wondering how can this guy give all 6 for just 7k?
    I asked him why do 3M guys quote much more than this, he said they get in bulk hence it is cheap.
    Sounds too good to be true, is there a way to check if it is genuine?
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I have been reading a lot on many forums about different brands of sun films. I also went through the nicely put together cheat sheet by Ansal. Of course, there is an equal number of people preferring 3M / Llumar / Vkool / Garware for various reasons.

I need legally permissible, but as dark as possible film for my side windows and as-close-to-clear-as-possible for front and rear windscreen. Additionally, front windscreen needs to have maximum heat rejection. This is for my Black Linea.

So is my choice going to be 70 for front and rear and 50 for sides? (CR70 for front and back and CR50 or RE50 for sides?)

From cost angle, I think 3m scores over Llumar and VKool?
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Guys - any review on CS50? I do not like the reflective shade of RE series and it won't look that good on a black car vis-a-vis a neutral black shade.

Also, is CR70 (for front windshield) a clear film or does it have tint/shading to it? This question is purely from a visibility at night angle.
  10. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    I have a quote on VCOOL high end -the 70% visibilty for the front and 50% side/rear at INR16K for Linea - does this sound reasonable? He started with 18K and claims this is the cheapest I can get in the country !