1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

which Sunfilm and UnderBody antirust coating.

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by amarteotia, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I have got LLumar sunfilms installed for 3k ... However the range starts from Rs.800 approx.

1. Please dont go for local ones . These have too much reflection . While looking on the orvms , u could see ur own face on the side windows .
    Dont go for too cheap .. Check for anti-glare properties ...

2. Since these are not fixed by glue ,,, it can be removed without any hassles .

3. I m hearin dis for the first tym ... Nothing like that .. I have mine since 2009 ,, and have no problems till date ..

Precautions : Check for any air bubbles during installation .. Air bubbles need to be removed then and there .. The installer would tell u that those would vanish in a day ,, dont buy that .. They might even try breaking the bubbles using a sharp needle etc. Dont agree to dat ..

Prefer installing without removing the door pads ,, which may cause rattling in the future ...

Hope dis helps ..
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Dilip- In Chandigarh they (usually) just ask you 2 simple questions:
    1. Bhai saab, should we install legal film or illegal dark film?
    2. Should we install local one or Garware ISI one?

I can't even be sure whether they are selling original Garware or fake ones!

BTW I just happened to notice this "glare" aspect of sunfilm.

What is the cheapest product (with approx price) you recommend that does not have this issue with glare?
  3. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The one in Llumar was for Rs.1500 [with anti-glare properties ] ....
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @Paddle

You can check out the 3M sunfilm range. Good quality. One popular filming guy says he has it in Chandigarh.

I did some research on 3M films online and i found that 3M - RE 50 ( 50% Light transmission) is suitable for side windows and RE 70 or the relatively expensive CR 70 ( 70% light transmission) for front and rear windshields.

Gurjinder.
  5. Gurjinder, In which sector is this popular filming guy is located ?
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Raju Film in Sector 48 motor market.

He did say that its genuine 3M , but that is something we'll have to see for ourselves . Shall pay him a visit this week and make further inquiries for the Linea.

Gurjinder.
  7. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Sunfilm Confusion

I am going to get the Delivery of my Punto on Wed / thur and I am really confused with which sunfilm to opt for. The dealer has Garware / Llumar / V-Kool and Ecodrive and he suggested to go for Ecodrive Eminent Series (FRONT) and Elegant Series (Sides) with a 5 year warranty and said that Ecodrive cater only to dealers and is in the market for 3-4 years now.
    The Ecodrive film for both the Front and Sides is costing 9950.

He said that all the dealers have opted out of 3M due to some after sales issues, not sure if this is the truth.
    Further I checked with a couple of shops who have offered different rates, not being the dealers.

3M
    RE-50 (Sides)& RE-70 (Front) = 8,000 (4,500 + 3,500) with a 3 year warranty
    From Another dealer got the rate of 1,500 for Sides and 1,200 for Front but with a 1 year warranty which didn't seem genuine.
    For Llumar got the price of 1800 for Sides and 1500 for Front with a year warranty which again doesn't seem genuine.

Garware
    HP - 35 with 52% Heat Rejection and Arctic Cool with 42% Heat Rejection for 4,300 with a 3 year warranty.

He suggested to go with Garware as it is cost effective and preferred as well.

Need your suggestions and input.
  8. vinz

vinz

IXE
    I used Llumar its good. i even used it on wind shield i had asked for 70% visibility 1 but he has put 50% so in the dark i hav some prob to drive if i dont use hi beam. when some crazy person jumps on road with black clothes at night or if its rainin heavily. so i recommend not to use anthin less dan 70% visibility for wind shield. but i hav better cooling in summer as temp here is already 40+ now and ac doesnt hav much prob to cool down in hot sun. anti rust i hav not yet done im not sure if we need to do it. i think it wil rust more as i used to do it to my cycle wen i was a kid i hav seen there would b more rust dan usual. then i cant say how long this coat will last in our coastal weather.read manual it says u dont need any coating.
  9. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Sun Film Done by Dealer

I was getting a complimentary Sun Film with the delivery of my Punto, however I didn't want the showroom guys to do the sun film as it was a very basic film and I wanted to swap for other complimentary stuff, however when I called the showroom I was informed that the filming has already been done on the car as it is complimentary. I told him that I wanted to opt for some other goodies and their accessories team could have called me before doing the film asking me if I want to go for an upgrade to which he had no answer.
    I want to know if i remove this film now and get a new filming done will it harm the glass of the car.
    BTW I will be taking the delivery of the car either tomorrow or on Weekend
  10. My opinion for mhitesh : You can use the basic sunfilms for few days and test whether its good or good for nothing ... If u feel its bad u can always change the sunfilms ... Changing of sunfilms doesn't bring harm to your glass ... I would opt for 3m CR series which is their high quality sunfilms ..

Congrats on your New Punto ..