1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

which Sunfilm and UnderBody antirust coating.

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by amarteotia, Dec 17, 2010.

1. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

Lucknow

How about a Punto ? Does a brand new Punto needs Anitrust coating ?
  2. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    PLease go through punto manual or just touch and see in ur car bottom if there is soft compund in red or blue color then its already there.It will be like rubber slight softer
  3. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Hi am planning to go in for Huper Optik sun film. Read some good reviews about it. Anyone in here already done Huper Optik sun film in their FIAT car? Please advise.
  4. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I really did not know there is so much about sun films. I booked punto, my dealer has promised me to do the sun film as a part of the deal...

now, i will have to question him in detail to know, what he is going to use.

Reading this, i feel, i should avoid anything other than Garware and 3M.

Anyone did it as a part of your deal from the dealer? What do they generally use? any idea?
  5. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    @Clash : Better not to go for dealer's offer. My dealer offered me the same Garware sunfilm, the cheapest available. Opt out from the offer and ask for something else.
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i have a question. anyone find any difference in the road noise after the coating in the wheel arches. i want to get the wheel arches done if it results in less road noise. someone here done that pls suggest.
  7. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Hi am planning to go in for Huper Optik sun film. Read some good reviews about it. Anyone in here already done Huper Optik sun film in their FIAT car? Please advise
  8. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    @pammuluvcars

I am interested in Huper but these are not available in india...

I contacted Huper, Singapore and was told they do not have any distributors or dealers in India at the moment.

In case you locate the source let me know.
  9. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    we do have one in bangalore. I already visited the office and met mr. A.Rao. The prices are a bit on the higher side.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It's now close to 37*C in Chandigarh. Even with the AC running, it remains quite warm in general as the windows are letting in lot of hot air. I am planning to get sun film but I have lots of queries. Can somebody help with the answers?

1. Should one go for unbranded sun film or the basic GarWare sun film costing less than 1k? I don't have much budget and even 5-10% improvement would be ok for me. I am not looking for so-and-so percent IR rejection, solar heat rejection of so-and-so percent. I won't be installing branded films so the discussion is only regarding generic or basic sun films costly less than 1k.

2. Can these be removed later without any after-effects (read= zero) on the window glass?

3. MOST IMPORTANT- Does installing sun film cause increased load on the power windows? Our old M800 has got generic sunfilm and I suspect that sunfilm gets hardened within a few months leading to increased resistance while rolling them up/down. The rolling up/down in our M800 seems to take more effort than before. :anyone

I'm planning to get them for the 4 side door windows only and leave front and rear windscreen as they are.