1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

which Sunfilm and UnderBody antirust coating.

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by amarteotia, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Went to sandhya cars today, they seemed very professional guys, they quoted 9k for economy range of v kool, i might go for the lightest shade,
    Solar energy rejection 47%
    UV rejection 99%
    IR rejection 60%

gave me a hear rejection demo of diamond series of v kool, by using light bulb and v kool glass. Coparing it with normal glass, the difference was enormous. But the price of diamond series is a whooping 47k.

Wat do u say guys, is it worth investing 9k on v kool economy films..

I checked out the 3d floor mats for fiat punto, they were quoting 5000, seemed very steep. Is anyone using it.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Sounds good. I went to 3M but they advised against CS 50 as it only absorbs 30% and recommended CS 35 which absorbs 40%. The only issue is it is not allowed by the RTO.
    The other option is RE series but RE is reflective and gives the car a 'Gangsta' look.
    CR series is the best but at 16K for a Punto, is expensive.

I might go with VKool, let me research further.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Is there any definitive info on sun films like Garware is an entry level brand but is/isn't value for money. Then come Llumar which is better/same as garware.
    Then is 3M which is a premium brand and the inventors of sun film and is/sin't value for money. V Kool is ofcourse top end and costs a bomb. Is it really worth it?
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Live2Dream - Did you go ahead with V Kool? Do let me know.
    I am going to 3M in Nungambakkam today for the 1 year paint protection and might go ahead with their CS 35 for 5 K.
    I was also searching for llumar dealers but no luck.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2012
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    In my Punto's windshield I removed the Llumar AIR75 due to poor installation(I got the full cash back even after 3 weeks of use) . Also there is small bubbles on rear and side(very small). Cooling effect is good. I cannot say Llumar is bad, but want to tell that it has happened to me.What I could understand from internet and from dealer is that installation of Lummar AIR series require more liquid. If the amount is less or more results in poor installation. Also there were few issues with swifts ECU getting spoiled after the installation due to water used for film installation. Not read anything about Punto.
  6. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    All,

Two weeks ago I went to 3M showroom in HSR (Bangalore) to fix sunfilm for my Punto.
    Front - CR70
    Sides & Rear - RE50
    Total price was close to 13.5K

After reaching home I noticed that all sides had 3M watermarks except left two windows.
    I called them and asked about this, they said - it is the same on all cars, it happens because the way they cut it...
    However I checked with other two cars, they had 3M watermark on all windows.

If anyone has fixed 3M sunfilm can you tell me if the watermark is there on all windows? Is there anythig to worry about?
  7. somu_200

somu_200

Hyderabad
    usually there will be watermarks of the respective manufacturer , this is expected .. i too have the same
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    If it was done at a standalone 3M showroom, I wouldn't worry about it.
  9. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    i had done up vkool and there were no such watermarks on the film.(post application though)

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

they gave a bill as proof of warranty though.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

guys check this no. as well --- 9841079039 mr. sundaram ( its listed in vkool website under franchisee tab )

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

V-Kool

Some more Vkool facts --- this what they claim

Unlike conventional solar control materials which absorb and re-radiate heat, V-KOOL combines high performance solar control with high visible light transmission. Our “intelligent” window coating allows over 70% light transmission, and blocks out 94% and 99% infra-red and ultra-violet rays respectively, without impeding clarity and visibility, day or night.
    These intelligent spectrally selective coatings are now marketed under V-KOOL Solitaire and Stature.

Making it Happen
    Our films are manufactured at Southwall Technologies' plant at Dresden, Germany, tapping on a complex sputter-metallized, multi-layered dielectric coating process. This process involves the use of the State-of-the-Art Multi-chamber DC Magnetron Sputtering Machine, which cost an investment of USD24million each. With these, multi-layers of metallic coatings of thickness even less than a hairline are embedded onto the world’s top 1% grade of optically-clear and durable polyester film.

and.....

The V-KOOL® Spectrally Selective Technology was built upon research from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the 1970s , when it started out humbly as a transparent energy conservation film. A significant breakthrough in Surface and Particle Science later led to the development of this V-KOOL’s patented and proprietary technology and subsequently the spectrally selective coatings.

Being the world's first and only spectrally selective window coating that provides a virtually transparent protective barrier against the sun’s heat and radiation for automotive and architectural applications, V-KOOL stormed the window film industry, and in 1999, it was voted by the world largest Science and Technology Magazine, Popular Science, as one of the Top 100 Inventions of the Millennium, alongside other inventions such as the computer, canned food, the Internet, air- conditioning system and telephone, marking international recognition of the product.”
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  10. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    there is nothing to worry about if you got it done from an authorised shop and have the warranty card. Even in my car having 3M all over, I did notice that one window did not have the watermark. Also, the CR70 (windscreen) has more watermarks per sq ft compared to RE/CS series so you'll notice it accordingly.