1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

which Sunfilm and UnderBody antirust coating.

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by amarteotia, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    yes, the paint sealant is the paint protection for new cars. I am told Punto is as big as a sedan hence the pricing.

I am confused if the CR 70 on the wind screen would be of any use if he is claiming that CS 50 is useless in Chennai.
    Any thoughts on that?

I am planning to avoid the paint protection now and stick to my Jopasu duster, get the car cover today, get some MF cloth from 3M, a quick detailer for bird droppings and maybe the mighty Optimum No Rinse for water and trouble free washing.

The ride to Mahabalipuram was unpleasant due to the glaring sun coming in from all sides. I guess you can't drive around in Chennai without a proper film.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. Avoid the paint protection. It seems to be too costly for me. They charged the same for my Linea. But for Punto, it should be less.

CR70 is very effective film. That's the reason why it is very costly. If u want to do CR series for your windows and rear alone, it will cost you Rs. 16k.
  3. I had called up vkool dealers in chhennai, they were quoting 9k for economy series for all four windows and rear of punto. He said it had around 65% heat rejection. The next series was elegant. I prefer to go for vkool, has anyone tried the economy series and does anyone know how good it is.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I don't know anyone in Chennai tried for this V-Kool. Which dealer in Chennai did you enquire?
    Is this the dealer you tried in Chennai?

Sandhya Cars
    17, SRIMAN, SRINIVASA ROAD,
    ALWARPET, CHENNAI--18.
  5. Well that was the address he gave me even though the address in just dial is of anna salai, chennai. Do you know this dealer?
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Well, I have once spoken with them. But, never tried. They are the only V-kool dealer for Chennai.
    You can reach to Mr Venkat Raman (9841041132) over there. Other contact numbers I have, 044-24988818/89.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    3M holds patents in sun films as they invented it. They have a company owned/company operated workshop in Nungambakkam. What's special about VKool?
    CR series is too expensive. I will go with Cs or RE depending on which looks better.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    V-Kool is often rated as the best sun control film than 3M and Lumar. It is also expensive than both.
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Hmmmmm, food for thought I guess. However, 9K for Punto seems steep as against 5 K by 3M.
    If only they had a professional outlet like 3M, I would have considered it.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Never mind. Go for 3M. You won't have any regrets.

You can even do cheaper than the pricing quoted by 3M car care with the Balaji Agencies. They are the sole distributors of 3M products in Tamilnadu.