1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

which Sunfilm and UnderBody antirust coating.

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by amarteotia, Dec 17, 2010.

1. amarteotia

amarteotia

Pune
    Hi guys,

I am going to get the delivery of my GP epk Next week or so. I am still confused about which Sunfilm to get install and do I need to have anti rust coating at the new car.
    I am very confused and heard about Garware classic for the choice of Sun film.
    Please help me to make a caoncrete decesion.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For sunfilm, 3M is very good. Garware is not that great. Either 3M or Llumar.
  3. amarteotia

amarteotia

Pune
    thanks very much Ravi.from where I can get some reference prices for all the brands...
  4. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Dont go for Under body antirust coating you can read Fiat Linea manual and see that they have already said that "to protect your linea we have already coated with wax and mixture of paint to protect from rusting" and also clearly said any tampering over it will not cover under warranty it may mean also painting.Also said even if u get rust u can change under warranty if u have not painted . . :traffic :traffic
  5. amarteotia

amarteotia

Pune
    Thanks very much for the useful info. Now I am not going to get antirust on my new car.
  6. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    For 3M sunfilms, there are 3 grades
    SP series is basic
    RE series is transparent type
    CS is high end

There is also VCOOL which is more expensive - it is thicker and supposed to have better light and radiation characteristics and some VCOOL films can be put on windscreen also (supposed to be RTO approved). But problem with windshield sunfilms is that they can block GPS signals, then you might need external GPS antenna.
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    redbull, The windscreen film DOES NOT stop Gps signals at all. I am using V-Kool and Gps everyday and there is no problem at all in the signal.
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    GPS signal is not going to get blocked by sunfilm. That sounds like a myth. As suggested by others, 3M is s good sunfilm. I put CS10 on wind screen and CR70 on side windows. These model numbers are manufactured keeping in mind existing laws about sun films.
  9. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    It is better to test your device with a patch of the intended film over it. In teambhp I can see several posts relating the GPS signal issue and windscreen sunfilm.
  10. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Garware Ice cool Elite has 72 % Heat Rejection. 5 year Warrantee. :wow

& Garware Arcitic Cool film has 82% Heat Rejection. 7 year warrantee. :wow :wow

+ Garware Ice cool Elite is RTO approved also.

No other sunfilm in the world has such a vast Heat Rejection . I repeat in the world.

Then how you are saying that Garware is useless. Only because of stamp " Made in India" ?

MNC companies are looting Indians & we Indians are also maximising their Bank Balances.

Iam not saying that we should owe only Indian Product.

We should also owe MNC product ,if there is any quality issue in our Indian Product.