1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Which one Diesel or Petrol and between Dynamic or Emotion

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Ksrini, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Ksrini

Ksrini

Hyderabad
    Dear Friends

Made my mind to go Linnea after I saw the first advt and now with the Happy Ads :)

I drive around 10-12K Kms in a year which i guess is not very heavy - so need some insights which one i go for Petrol or Diesel and secondly which one the Dynamic or Emotion

Thanks in advance and look forward to

Cheers
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

The Linea T-jet should be good for your low running needs. You could go for top variant depending on your budget.

If you are inclined for diesel somehow and want petrol like acceleration, there is also the option to remap your car should you want some quicker acceleration for city drive. The information is there on forum. Search Wolfmoto.

Also, Please post in appropriate section next time. What car? section in this case :)
  3. Ksrini

Ksrini

Hyderabad
    Thanks for the quick revert and also bringing to the attention about the section :) so petrol is for sure but what is the difference between T jet Dynamic and T Jet Emotion
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome to forum ksrini!

Bigger tyres, leather seats, ambient lighting and cruise control are the major differences for facelift linea.
    For pre-facelift cruise control was not in option.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Srini,

If your monthly drive is more than 10K then I would suggest to opt for diesel Linea atleast Dynamic variant which has got ABS. What model are you tilting towards - New Linea or Classic Linea. New Linea would be a bit more pricier that the Classic Linea or Old Linea. For classic or old Linea, you can get some good discounts on the them if negotiated hard.

BTW have you test driven the Linea, what are your feelings on the same?
  6. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Sharing my experience - After driving petrol Indica for 9 years (with some outdoor trips), I opted for diesel Linea Emotion. I have done only 18K+ in two years. Never tried TJet. I still miss the pick-up of my Indica LSi while overtaking on highways as I need to downshift the gear very frequently, even in city drive, which wasn't needed in Indica. The difference will be more prominent for TJet.

However, MJD gives me 18-19 kmpl on highway, while Indica gave 12-13 kmpl. This makes difference. Also, I prefer higher efficiency of diesel engine. Its more suited for highway drive (cruise).

So, in my view, unless you love higher pick-up, go for mjd. Also go for emotion. New or old is personal choice.
  7. Ksrini

Ksrini

Hyderabad
    Thanks Friends so i guess it has to be Petrol :)

Is there a major difference between old and facelift - i am getting feedback from others also if i go for old will get good discounts but don't want to miss on the features as the lady love will be with me for at least next 5 years :)
  8. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    You must visit FIAT outlet and see and TD both old and new to conclude which you want.

In my view, new has far better interior in appearance and quality, though functionally, only few changes that may or may not affect you. Old has better exterior look, again in my view. It has been spoiled in the new one by new front grill and too much chrome on the rear boot. It now looks like other cars on the road. The rear number-plate on the boot also spoils the earlier clean-n-elegant look achieved with the plate on the bumper
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    The looks are purely personal taste. old look is very elegant and timeless. i doubt it will old.
    Major Difference is in interior. The new interior is fabulous which doesnt means that old wasnt. Old is also very elegant and beautiful as per me atleast. Plus the arm rest is more usable in the old version.

As ravi said go and have a look yourself. As long as you are choosing in fiat family itself, we/I are not worried :)
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Major update is official Cruise Control feature in top end model. It improves fuel efficiency too by about 15%. Activated and tested by Rengarajan Balasundaram aka Rajan aka Patchyboy on his Linea Tjet and video is on YouTube.

Cruise Control on a Linea T Jet - YouTube

Aside from that Dynamic has 15" alloys vs 16" on Emotion T-jet. Safety Features are same on Dynamic and Emotion T-jet. On Exterior Emotion has Chrome Body Side Moulding. On Interior there is Leather Seats in Emotion.

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gu6wiKVGgK_9Z9YU-GtQxXms6Ie2LCYAYnaoWBNphHk/pubhtml?widget=true&headers=false" height="800" width="900"></iframe>
    1 person likes this.