1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

WHICH OMC FUEL OUTLET DO YOU PATRONIZE WITH MOSTLY?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by J Ravi, Jun 11, 2010.

?

WHICH OMC FUEL OUTLET DO YOU PATRONIZE WITH MOSTLY?

1. Bharat Petroleum

11.8%
  2. Hindustan Petroleum

22.0%
  3. Indian Oil Corporation

30.7%
  4. Shell

29.9%
  5. IBP

3.9%
  6. Others

1.6%
  1. obliex

obliex Amatore

Pune
    It is Shell for me . The diesel is 5 Rs costlier. But I get a better fuel efficiency and better engine performance from it.
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Obllex, I hope that you are not filling Premium/speed diesel. For the 1.3 MJD you have to fill normal diesel.

I was specifically cautioned about this aspect by ASPI motors Ahmadabad when I took delivery of my car. NO PREMIUM/SPEED, ONLY NORMAL DIESEL. Even fuel additives are not recommended.

Some outlets in Delhi (eg. the one in front of Delhi Golf Club) sell only premium/speed. One has to be careful about this. I normally fill at BP outlets, and always tell the attendant "Normal diesel" before refuelling.

This point could be put in the 'did you know' section for the information of other 1.3 MJD owners.

Johnny
  3. Anything like this in particular for Punto Petrol?
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    For 1.4 FIRE Linea, Fiat manual says to use minimum 91 Octane petrol. As regular petrol also comes with 91 octane, its advisable to use regular over premium.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Fiat Linea owner's handbook does not recommend premium petrol/diesel with additives for Fiat Linea. I think, the same should be the case with Fiat Punto too.
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Hi Guys,

To my knowledge, all the OMCs pickup the petrol or diesel from the nearest common stockyard or refinery and it is only the different outlets that give it a brand. It is normal fuel picked up and proprietory additives that are added which makes it different. So the fuel should be same everywhere.
    What we have to be cautious is about the honesty of the guys who retail the fuel. That is what separates the crooks from the honest dealers. The higher the honesty quotient of the dealer, the better will be the fuel and FE

abdul
  7. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Abdul,

I am not very sure that all Omc's pick up fuel form the common stock yard. As far as I know herein Coimbatore the Omc's like HP, IOC & BPCL have diffrent stock yards. It should be the same for Chennai I think.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Naren,

Where the city is big, the OMCs have their own stock yard, but the fact is, it is all coming from the nearest refinery. What I was meaning to convey was that the stuff that they sell is the same and its only the marketing company that is different !! It is only the honesty of the dealer that makes the difference to good or bad fuel.

Abdul
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Right. Here is South Kerala, the stock comes from Cochin Refineries, which belongs to BPCL. So it is the dealer and the tanker wallas that are finally responsible for the quality of the fuel.
  10. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum
    I fill up from IOC COCO pump. Its very near to Infosys SEZ campus