1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Which of these 3 T-Jet options would be the best?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by PatchyBoy, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Why the car has run for 148 KMS? Has it been used as TD?
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    No. According to the Yard Supervisor, the cars usually have around 30 kms on the ODO when they are received in the yard. He told me that he gets the cars driven inside the yard every alternate week to ensure that the tyres get rolled a bit. Since this vehicle has been sitting in the yard since Oct 2010, I believe this exercise could have added up to the kilometers. As far as I am concerned, I have a very good relationship with the MD of dealership and am confident that I will not be taken for a ride.

Thanks,

Rajan

PS: Given that I am getting a beautifully built car for such a massive discount, I am willing to compromise a bit. If I do not want to do that, then I might as well go for a brand new car, manufactured this month, but sadly that would not be T-Jet :)
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  3. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Now that is a load of BS (pardon me for the language). It seems like a TD car to me or one that has been driven around by dealership guys whenever they could sneak it out. I do hope for your sake that you do not face any issues with this car and hopefully your close relationship with the MD would come to your rescue in case of minor niggles (god forbid!!). Keep your eyes wide open and do the PDI again at the time of delivery.

PS: I think you can haggle for a bit more discount. Given that its a 2010 model, I think you can easily get another 20-25k off on this.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I beg to disagree. I am sure if the car was left parked and untouched in the yard, ever since Oct 2010, the tyres would have gone for a toss. There was also a TW T-Jet in the yard (May 2011) that had 100+ kms on the ODO. Anyways, hope there are no niggles.

Additional discount is already worked out and as posted earlier. Sorry cannot reveal the exact amount, but it is more than the 20-25K suggested :).

Thanks for the wishes,

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I would go with what Nkapoor has said - it could be a test drive car. Modern tyres would not deteriorate if the car is moved (which may be moved around in the yard)
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I am not very seriously concerned about the ODO reading. I am confident that Fiat makes engines that can take some abuse for 148 kms. IMHO I am buying an used car that is 2 years old and done 148 kms, but I am the first owner :) .

Moving around the yard @ 1 km every week itself would add up to 104 kms.
    Rajan
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Buddy I respect your enthusiasm of owning this beauty and I didn't want to run you down or anything. Just that the dealership can be transparent in sharing the reasons for this mileage for a non-TD car. I was offered a TD car with 300-odd kms on the odo but the dealer was transparent enough to tell me it was a TD car and even offered a much higher discount but I refused. To each his own and best of luck with your car!
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Agree with you. However, though the dealer gives me a plausible explanation for the ODO reading, blindly choosing to disbelieve, term it BS and expect the dealer to be transparent is kinda "Guilty till proven innocent" attitude, IMHO.

I know the dealer quite well and would not expect him to try and dump a TD car on me without telling me as much. He is a friend and I trust him :)

Rajan
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Finally after multiple needless delays (Paper work with finance, business travel, etc.), my T-Jet is finally getting registered tomorrow - 27th August. Quick question for the more experienced:

What all should I look for at the time of delivery, I mean from a documentation perspective? I am aware of Owner's Manual, Radio Manual, Car Code Card and HU Code card. Anything else?

If there is already a checklist somewhere on the forum, could some one please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Rajan
  10. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Do take a look at this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.