1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Which of these 3 T-Jet options would be the best?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by PatchyBoy, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks. Will keep in mind

The quality of leather in the T-Jet plus is average and I hate the beige. I have a project in mind, which would mean changing the leather and alloys :ugeek: . As for the 16" tyres, I am sure after market stuff is available with comparable / better quality. I am thinking Team Dynamics / OZ for alloys and Pirelli P Zero Nero for the rubber. I am sure they are leagues ahead of the OEM. Of course no sun film for me ;)

I am from Bangalore. Not sure about getting from another state. Wouldn't that mean paying road taxes in KA again? Thanks for the suggestion anyways.

No matter what the discounts, I am not buying the car if it fails PRI / PDI. Aftermarket alloys / wheels should not have warranty issues, as long as they are the same specs as OEM - 98 PCD alloys and 205/55 R16 rubber. I would not worry about the 5th alloy. Planning on retaining the OE steel rim with OE tyre as spare. Just need it to take me to the nearest tyre shop :)

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  2. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    I recommend the 2011 model. You should be able to negotiate with the dealers to get more out of the deal. We all know for sure that Fiat and the dealers are desperate to sell and more so to clear existing inventory. For e.g , I purchased a Tjet + a year ago for an effective OTR of 10.4 L when none of these offers were on (except the Fuel coupons) , so I would expect that a car that is lying around for more than a year in the yard/factory should go for a bit more than just a 1.5 L discount from a year ago

As for the 2010 vs. 2011, I have come to understand that Fiat did improve the quality of plastics with the 2011 versions based on initial feedback from customers on the 2010 models. Also, notable is that some of BNW cars have been known to have rust issues so if you do decide on that color, be thorough with the PDI. Although dealers will refute it, these cars do lie in the open most of the time and exposed to the elements

But your choice to go with Tjet is spot on. Tjet is one gem of a car and having a similar experience as yours driving European & American cars in the US, I can vouch that this is the closest you can get in the C+ segment in the Indian market. The rest of the Korean and Jap cars do feel like tin boxes...

Good Luck and keep us posted with what you end up buying !
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    As I mentioned earlier, go for the 2011 TJet. It would be good if you can get a 2011 TJet+, as the earlier is the model better it is. How did you ensure that the 2010 cars are not test drvie cars sold by the dealer? If the ODO was disconnected, the car would have only 100 or 150 kms on the ODO

As far as getting aftermarket alloys are concerned, I would not recommend them. Even if you buy them you shall have to stick to 15 inchers or your warranty shall get void. Please haggle hard with the dealer and get better discounts. Almost all petrol cars are not selling nowadays. You should negotiate hard and get a good price. Go for the TJet+..
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I haven't seen the car yet. One dealer has it in the stockyard and the other says he can get it from the plant. However, no 'H' on the MID, no buy :)

Not too sure about that. If FIAT can fit 16 inch alloys and leather seats and call it PLUS, why can I not fit after-market 16 inchers? I am sure the warranty would be void if I fit 17 inchers, but 16 inchers should be fine. Will write to FIAT for clarification. I can live with the OE alloys of the PLUS, but the leather is absolutely not to my liking :(

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  5. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    @PatchyBoy: I started out with exactly the same questions in mind. I so desperately wanted to pick up a Jet rather than the plus variant. And use the 50-60k odd to put on wheels and leather of my choice (I'm not a huge fan of the stock leather but the alloys are yumm). But ended up finally going for the latest available T-jet plus shipped straight from the plant to my dealer. The main reason for that was the fact that I did not want to take chances with the cars in dealer stockyards. I was offered some very mouth watering deals on cars in stock, TD cars, etc but decided to let them go. In fact, one Tata Fiat dealer who had recently shut shop had 3 Jets lying with him but he couldn't sell them because he had closed down. He was willing to let these go at firesale prices but then piece of mind was my biggest priority.

The 2010 vintage Jet from the factory can be seriously looked at. Just make sure you do a thorough PDI and it should be good to go.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Patchyboy are you from Bangalore?

If yes, I believe the Dealer A is Prerana and the Dealer B is KHT.

Anyways if its dealer A, I have seen the BNW Tjet in the yard. All it needs is a proper PDI and sort out any issues before delivery. The dealer A is pretty helpful. PM me if you need help.

Regards,
    KRISHNA
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    try concorde motors (mysore rd) they too have t-jets (Not on display but in the stockyard)
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I dont think Concorde has any in stock. However, they can get whatever is there in the Factory stockyard. The remaining ones are 4 FTAs (Tjet Plus, 2011 make). The one black which was availables seems like its already invoiced.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys,

One quick question - what is the standard warranty on the T-Jet? I remember reading 50 months / 150,000 kms and RSA. Is this still the same? If I do decide to buy this car, should I opt for extended warranty, considering that some of the mods I have in mind will most likely void the warranty anyways?

Rajan
  10. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    Standard Warranty is 2 years. RSA is 50 months (I think). Extended Warranty adds 2 years to the standard

I don't remember exactly, but I think there are a few differences between the Standard and Extended as well, I think the latter covers only major problems like Engine, Transmission, Suspension etc. where the former includes Electricals like Power Window motors. Go through the booklet with the dealer, but I would try to get the dealer to include the Extended Warranty in the OTR price. It is always good to have that peace of mind esp. since you will be buying a 2010/2011 car

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.