1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Which is more reliable and durable? T-Jet or Multijet

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by aruncep, Aug 29, 2013.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat gives 5 years (Standard+Extended) warranty or 1,96,000 kms. for the T-Jet. For MJD, the warranty given is for 1,50,000 kms. Does this imply that T-Jet is more reliable?
    1 person likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Chuck the doubts regarding the reliability and durability of the Fiat engines, they do for sure last long. What you should be thinking is which one suits my driving more. IMO you should opt for a diesel car. Looking at the way the petrol prices are north bound you are well off buying a diesel car. It depends whether you need a large boot for those long drives or not. Or else the Punto will suffice.
    1 person likes this.
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

While not quite Fiat-original, I have used the Multijet in the form of the Dzire DDIS , and currently on TJet. So am a bit qualified to talk about both ..Like most others have said, both are quite thrilling to drive and can be thrashed around very comfortably. The FGT kick was more prominent on the Dzire than the TJet kick I think, but thats probably also because Dzire is a lighter frame (1100kg) compared to Linea Tjet (1230kg)..
    But my practical experience is that you run out of free road to fully enjoy the Tjet experience..no sooner have you entered the sweet spot of 100-130kph, than a slow moving truck or muv blocks you..worse..there are people crossing the highways..so better to keep either MJD or TJet at a steady 80kph/2000rpm tick in general..
    4 people like this.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Multijet is a Bliss to drive and Tjet is a real CRUISER.
  5. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    With all these inputs I am going for the T-Jet. I would need advice from someone in Chennai who have won the best deal either in RDC or Ramkay. Really would appreciate some inputs on this front also :) . THanks a lot to all the TFIians for all the advices and suggestions.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Prices and offers stay valid only for a month, since September has just started am sure that no chennai TFIan has got a T Jet this month. Sreejith bought his in the August scheme.

So approach both dealers and pitch them against each other.
    1 person likes this.
  7. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Looks like they are carrying forward the Aug 2013 offers to Sep 2013 also.. Will we get more discounts during diwali? Will it be a good idea to wait until then? Thanks.
  8. pandemd

pandemd Novizio

Pune
    Hi Arun,
    I don't think that Fiat will offer more discount than the current scheme, I too took the advantage of the same and bought 1.3 MJD for me in last month. As said by my friend working in Fiat, this is the most lucrative discount offered by Fiat till date. So if you are really planning to buy and keep the car for long duration then I would suggest go for it right now. This discount offer was available till 25/07/2013 only, then extended again for Aug. I don't know whether this offer is still on or not. Congratulations in advance for your new ride; be it T-Jet or MJD. You will enjoy T-jet more on highways.

Milind Pande
    Pune
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  9. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    I did check with Ramkay a few minutes back and the they have confirmed about the offer. Thanks.
  10. pandemd

pandemd Novizio

Pune
    Then I will suggest, go for it now. And also if you don't have running economy issue then go for T-Jet. I got discount around 19000 from dealer apart from all other discounts. So take your cheque book along with you and negotiate with dealer face to face, I hope dealer will surely give some discount after seeing cheque book with you. Hope you will confirm your booking soon and you will have one of the best cars in your garage.

Milind Pande
    Pune
    1 person likes this.