1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Which is more reliable and durable? T-Jet or Multijet

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by aruncep, Aug 29, 2013.

1. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks for all of your suggestions/advices. I am with the T-Jet. Now comes the most impt part convincing my family and I am sure I will be successful :) ..
  2. turboKarthik

turboKarthik Timido

Bangalore
    T-Jet should be the natural choice if economics are not an issue.

That's like saying 'I want a wife who will live longer and healthier'. :-D Just kidding. There is no sure-shot way to find out which is more reliable or durable, and neither has any intention to conk out for at least 2-3 lac kms, which I'm sure you will agree with me is a reasonable lifespan for any normal car.

The T-Jet is a petrol engine and the MultiJet is a diesel. So one thing is certain though - Owing to the difference in the nature of diesel and petrol engines, the MultiJet will be a tad bit more expensive on the maintenance front over a long run, than the T-Jet. Hope this helps.

T-Jet should serve your purpose very well, since you mentioned the running costs are not a consideration factor. Even if cost is a consideration, take into account the 50ps per month increase in diesel prices. Diesel and petrol are soon going to cost very similar prices, so you will take that much longer to break-even with the initial 1-1.5L extra you paid for the diesel variant. Go with a T-Jet Emotion and enjoy the drive.

A T-Jet can do everything a MultiJet can do, and more (low end grunt for city lugging as well as rev-happy petrol engine work). The only reason you should look at a turbo diesel instead of a turbo petrol is if economics come into play. Else a T-petrol will just butcher the life out of the T-diesel everywhere. Good luck with your decision!:up

Actually, the Linea's case is weird. The T-Jet is heavier than the MultiJet emotion by 10-20 kgs or so. Even if the weight difference is ~50kg or so, it may not cause any perceptible change in dynamics. Even an extra female passenger or some luggage in the car can offset this weight difference, hehe. In fact, Diesel cars are usually more front-heavy, so are theoretically more likely to understeer.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    8 people like this.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    it can't drink diesel :evilsmile

jokes apart, keeping short term economics aside tjet seems to be the right choice!
    5 people like this.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Tjet+ infact is heavier at 1230 kgs and the MJD is at 1210 kgs.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    An ideal garage would be a T-JET for weekends and MJD for the office commute.

Weekend fun and diesel use for office and back home..

Karthikk your case is the best bet. Even i have the privilege of using 90hp for weekdays and T-Jet read my friends whose spare key is with me on weekends :)
    2 people like this.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Diesel engines are quite noisy and sluggish.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. ^^ only until you start loving them.
    4 people like this.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Comparatively diesels are harsh and noisy.

A driver who believes in saving on fuel expenditure as well as environment may somehow intensely love a diesel engine.

For smoothness and sweetness of a petrol engine,diesel is far behind.
    1 person likes this.
  9. nareshov

nareshov

Bangalore
    Some technical details on turbo petrols vs. turbo diesels: WC Engineering : Diesel vs. Gasoline Turbo Design
    1 person likes this.
  10. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Can someone tell me the best deal they got in Chennai for a T-Jet Emotion?