1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Which Fiat? in love with them all

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by r2d2, Feb 3, 2012.

1. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

1.9 Mjet is the same engine which was used in the palio i guess, but with more advanced tech. But i dont think it'll be available soon.

Go for the linea Dynamic, its the same as the emotion pack of 2011.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Apart from the similar displacement ( 1910cc) and number of valves (8) in the earliest 1.9 JTD's/ Multijets , i dont think much was similar. Poles apart they were.

1 person likes this.
  3. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

I think you should decide based on the choices you have and your needs, completely discounting the possibility of the 1.6 or 1.9MJD coming in soon. If it does happens, decide then what to do because none of us really knows whether it will happen at all or not.
    From what one hears, it has certainly been tested in India. But Fiat CEO will not reveal its launch and potentially jeopardise the current models. And they clearly don''t want to share it with Tatas for now. My own theory is that it will happen only after the joint venture is over, maybe in a Linea or maybe in some other Fiat brand/car.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    i would say go tor the Punto 90HP 2012 you will be having more smile as your GC and the Turning Radius would be solved and its a Monster on the Highway, But if you need a Bigger Boot then go for the Linea, Both are build like TANK. grande Punto you will feel like driving a big CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
    So what decision have you taken,
    We are waiting to hear for you.......................
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  5. r2d2

And the plot thickens -

2011 90HP punto - to cut the story short, it was booked a few minutes before i reached the dealership.

2011 1.3 MJD Linea Emotion (May manufactured, arrived at dealers in oct 2011) - available for 1L discount over the 2012 Linea MJD dynamic. Available in white, i like white :)
    the car has stood 5 months at the factory and 4 months at the dealers. Is that too much ?

2012 1.3 MJD Linea Dyanmic (jan manufactured, factory fresh)

2011 Vento Tdi Highline (month unknown, kept indoors), 1L more than the 2012 Linea dynamic

Test drove the Vento. Here go the comparisons between 2012 Linea dynamic and 2011 vento TDi highline

interior space L > V
    high speed handling L >= V
    suspension on bad roads L > V
    highway steering L > V
    city steering V > L
    dashboard V > L
    ac L > V
    pick up V >> L
    fuel economy L > V
    Interior material quality V >> L
    backseat comfort V > L
    looks L > V
    price L 1lac less expensive than V
    dad says L, mom says V. dad drives, mom sits.
    year of manufacture L - 2012, V - 2011

I have 12 hours to decide. Have to decide on a Sunday, and book the car. I know this is a FIAT forum, but there are 2 lineas in the ring.

Thank you.
  6. gurjinder

Linea 2012 . Go for it. The dynamic version is a loaded one as well.

7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    You have drawn the comparison chart. Now, you should decide which parameter is the most important for you and take the call. If you are too concerned about the interior quality, then its Vento all the way. Or else, just select the Linea 2012. Although Vento has better pickup, Linea is not bad at all.
  8. r2d2

It is the Linea (99%). Have to decide between a tuscon wine 2012 and a white 2011. Personal colour choice is white. A white 2012 will take a month to deliver, a month's pertrol will burn a small hole in my pocket, and the potential diesel car tax hikes may make this hole bigger. Is a car that has stood 4 months at the factory and 4 months at the dealers too old (2011 white Linea is may 2011 manufactured). I am getting it at a discount of 1 LAC. The selection boils down to

2011 emotion white
    1 LAC off
    8 month old manufactured car

2012 dynamic tuscon wine
    new car
    upgraded suspension
    improvements fiat has put in

Between the Vento and the Linea i missed a few comparisons

engine noise inside the cabin. L is more silent than V
    clutch and accelerator depth V is shorter and more comfortable than L
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  9. gurjinder

What are the OTR prices you are being quoted for the 2011/12 Linea?
  10. r2d2

Went to yard in person and checked out the vehicles

2011 Linea MJD emtion white is a damaged piece, a log or something of the sort fell on the left rear, the SA said the damage is exterior and will be fixed 100% before delivery. OTR 8.3L inclusive of all charges. An 8 month old vehicle, fixed and without alloys, lower ground clearance etc. I would have considered if it was 2L less than the 2012

2012 Linea MJD dynamic tuson wine is factory fresh, unloaded off the lorry a few hours ago. Did a 5 min check, everything looks perfect. 9.29L OTR

Good news coming in a few hours :) :)

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Happy news, the 2012 Linea MJD dynamic has been booked.

-Urgent requirement for a diesel
    -2012 upgrades
    -the FIAT advisers gave us a 110 km test drive- I took the demo vehicle to 155 km/h on an open highway. Took it over bad roads and tight turns. In comparison, the Vento was alllowed for a 4 kms sedate drive, the manager said, ' no u cant drive the car fast'. The FIAT rep did not speak perfect english (he said he is learning and wants to improve) but he understood that I was looking to buy a car and not drive one around for fun, he understood what I wanted in a car and he gave us 3 hours of his+car's time. The best test drive one can get anywhere in the world. In return, I payed the toll and filled diesel for the vehicle and now am BUYING one. What would be a suitable gift for the Sales rep ?
    -the 2011 punto that i missed by less than an hour to another buyer, did never make it to the yard, some miscommunication and a vista came instead
    -the govts decision to impose extra taxes on diesels-may not happen in 15 days but i needed a diesel anyway
    -the looks of the Linea- akin to a tall model with gentle compassionate eyes and a beautiful rear
    -the Linea holds its own agaist the Vento in many departments and is considerably less expensive, spares are less expensive. The VW dealship was friendly and spotless, the TATA Motors dealership was dynamic and warm.

Thank you to the forum. Pics coming soon.

What FIAT can learn-
    1. Improve on the interiors, so many palces the vento felt more premium and a whole notch above the Linea. Glovebox, front cup holders, rear arm rest cup holders :eek: (i wont let anybody see those), the arrangement of the tools, the instrument read outs (vento is easy to read, one needs to squint in a Linea with sun glasses on), the gear knob, the steering material.
    2. The dealership had positive attributes - friendly, dynamic (loads of people visiting and working) and warm (at the human level). What can be improved- better communication, spotless cleanliness like VW, better laid out vehicles.
    3. the pedals of the Linea are too high, the clutch is way too deep and the accelerator too high even for somebody with size 11 feet.
    4. The Vento brochure is much better, well designed and informative
    5. The VW website is also much cleaner

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012