1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Which Fiat? in love with them all

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by r2d2, Feb 3, 2012.

1. r2d2

Hello All,

I own a petrol 1.3l Ford ikon flair. It is a happy car to drive and it still rides new, even after 92,000 kms- no rattles, smooth and composed. All of a sudden my driving requirement has increased to about 3000 kms a month (almost all on the highway). I need a diesel highway car.

I test drove the- Linea Emotion 1.3 MJD 2012, Punto 76 MJD 2012, Linea 1.4 T-jet 2011 :). Loved all the vehicles, now have to decide on buying one as soon as possible. The options I have short listed are Linea Dyanmic 1.3 2012, Punto 90 HP 2012, Punto 90 HP 2011. If the Linea 1.6 MJD was available today I would have bought it outright.

Punto 90 HP (nov 2011 manufactured). 7.15 l on road
    least expensive
    petes box will make is sweeter
    can get one next week if the piece is good
    least loss if i upgrade to a Linea 1.6 MJD later ?

2011 model
    turning radius of 5.4m

Punto 90 HP (jan 2012 manufactured). 7.45 l on road
    same as 2011
    turning radius ?
    softer clutch ?

30k more expensive than the 2011 model
    2012 upgrade expected in 4 months
    25 days waiting (thats ~15k of petrol)

Linea Dynamic 2012. 9.35 l on road
    2012 model
    absolutely love the looks. Always have, the most beautiful car this side of the Jags and the beemers
    can get one next week if the piece is good
    the boot comes in handy once in a while
    more space at the back, again comes in handy once in a while

2.2l more expensive
    What if Fiat launches the 1.6l MJD within a year :eek:

Fiat lovers, Please help me decide which one should i get. Thank you.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

Go for 2011 90HP. Have a strict PDI. You can save a lot money. Sure there will be a slight increase in price for upgraded version(after 4 months, that also a speculation)
  3. muni

If its brand new car, Go for a Nov 11 Punto with eyes closed after the PDI. Thats a pretty looking price you are getting for the 90Bhp.

Turning radius decrease and GC increase are not strong enough reasons to buy a 2012 Punto when you are getting a sweet deal on the Nov 2011 Punto.
  4. manjunathkl

manjunathkl Amatore

Linea 1.4
    You have a sedan, so if you go for Punto it will look like downgrade (atleast to others who matter)
    I think you should pick 2012 Linea MJD Dynamic (Truely gorgeous and upgrade in all aspects)

Admiration Guaranteed!
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Go for the 2012 Punto 90. The difference isn't that much.

I had once recieved a call from a FIAT sales guy in Pune who assured me that even the 2012 Punto 90 would be having the higher ground clearance etc etc. Cross check with the dealer on this point.

Ofcourse, if boot is a huge priority then Linea is the car. But the Punto's boot isn't a cubbyhole either. :)

P.S. The 1.6 Multijet is not coming at all, today or tomorrow. This was conveyed by the FIAT boss himself.
  6. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

I think you should pick Linea 2012 Dynamic.As your previous car was also a sedan, a sedan will be a perfect replacement and Linea will satisfy all the requirements.
  7. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Go for the Linea 2012. You will love it!
  8. r2d2

To all those who matter, my safety is of prime importance, they dont care about the size the of the car or its brand. So the Punto is as good as an upgrade as the Linea. I agree the Linea is gorgeous. The choice is so difficult to make.

The FIAT sales rep told me that the 2012 GP 90HP has the same GC and turning radius as the 2011 GP 90 HP.

If FIAT has to survive in India, it has to cater to its customers- enthusiasts. Hyundai, VW, Skoda all have 1.6l oil burners, Fiat will have to launch a more powerful oil burner soon in the Linea.

I guess the choice is between the 2012 Linea MJD and the 2011 GP 90HP(after a strict PDI), to make things worse the dealer is giving 5k more off on the 2011 GP 90HP.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  9. Sorry to be saying this but the boss is a joker in his own way.. I am not sure whether the 1.6 will ever be launched here or not but FPT has extensively tested the 1.9 MJet on the Indian Roads and they say it will be a matter of time when it would be doing duty in .... according to a very reliable source in FPT. Keeping fingers crossed on the newer 1.6 Vs the slightly older 1.9 Mjet
  10. teky

teky Esperto