1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Which central console controls to relocate?

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by PatchyBoy, Feb 9, 2013.

?

Which Control to delete?

1. Move AC vents up and relocate Hazard Lamp switch Panel

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Relocate HU

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Relocate ACC controls

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Unable to suggest

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys,

I am planning a complete re-do of my interiors. As discussed in another thread, I have decided to cover the interior in Alcantara. During this process, I am also planning on embedding a 7 inch tablet into the central console. I have already fabricated and put together a working Android based infotainment system in the car that can be used for GPS navigation, music, videos, engine monitoring and browsing. I just want to take it one step forward and put it in the console seamlessly.

I have seen another Linea, where the Hazard lamp switch panel has been moved to the top of the AC vents. I am considering going one step more than that and am planning on removing one of the controls on the panel and relocating it elsewhere.

I need your help in understanding which of the panels you use the least. Please do keep in mind, my boot does not have a manual release. One electric release on the dash, one button on the key fob. Only way to open the boot manually is with the key. I also would like to retain the factory HU, just for B&M functionality, but am willing to relocate the HU elsewhere, if needed.

All inputs welcome and most appreciated.

Thanks,

Rajan
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Out of the three given options, my priority for relocation is as floows:
    1. Move AC vents upwards.
    2. Relocate the Head Unit.
    3. Relocate the ACC.

I would never want to move the ACC even 1 mm as the present location is convenient for both the driver as well as front passenger to adjust the settings.

So, the remaining options are to relocate the AC vents and/or the HU.

HU can be relocated in the Emotion variant as the only function it serves is that the front passenger can also reduce the volume. :p A 7" Tablet can be integrated in its place but I dont think a 7" pad will fit without making more space by moving the AC vents slightly.

Thus, I would first look at moving AC vents as its trickier to move them as compared to the head unit, in my opinion. If vents can be moved, then Head unit can be moved anyways.
    1 person likes this.