1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Which car is best one for first time owner with less driving skills?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by testdrive, May 4, 2012.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Well seatbelt is a mandatory feature and even the most basic to the top variant has it. If ABS was mandatory then there wouldn't be an Active version for Fiat or any basic model from any Manufacturer. Thats is what I was trying to say. It may be a necessity for many, but not for everyone who cannot afford it.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - This thread is closed now.
    @testdrive, if you feel and need more discussion, report this post, we will re-open.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Thread opened on testdrive's request.
  4. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks Ravi for opened this thread for further discussion, and thanks for all TFI members who helped me to make decision on this Purchase. Very special thanks to Ramjn, who referred Raman and Raman helped me to get my requirement without any major compromise. Now I have booked 2012 Punto Emotion medium gray. Initially my plan is to buy Dynamics 1.3 then my options changed to Emotion. This is a quick update. I will share other details later.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations testdrive for going to become proud owner of MG Punto Emotion. :)

Do share your delivery and initial ownership experience once you get delivery of your car.
  6. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks and Sure Ramjn.

I have a quick question. i have booked 2012 Punto Emotion Medium Gray. i have just verified in fiat india website. that color is not avilable in website. car reached delears place week before. please provide your inputs on this color confusion with fiat website.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is strange. Don't know if Fiat has discontinued the Medium Grey color. Check with the dealer on the VIN of your vehicle. That will tell about the Month and Year of manufacture of your car.
  8. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Yes ramjn, not sure why this color is missing now in fiat India website. I spoke with SE and he said they placed order after I done with booking. Now that color reached and it is in ambattur Chennai. I asked him to check and confirm, why this confusion in fiat website. I have planned to take delivery on Aug 9th. So PDI will be before that. That time I will check with VIN. I will also try to find why this color is not available in fiat India web site or discontinued by fiat. If anyone know detail about this, please let me know.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Why do you want to wait till PDI to know the VIN. Ask the dealer for the VIN. They must provide the VIN if the vehicle has arrived and invoiced to the customer.
  10. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Sure i will get VIN by tomorrow morning.
    1 person likes this.