1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Which car is best one for first time owner with less driving skills?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by testdrive, May 4, 2012.

1. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    @ Testdrive : Every one on this forum will undoutedly advise you for the 90 HP Punto. This is also fact that the Punto is the best hatch in town.
    My friend, since you are already paying 45-50% of your salary for home loan and you have a six month old baby, my advise would be to hold your emotions for the time.
    First get your finances right before you take a plunge into another loan. There is no point into putting yourself neck-dip into loans/borrowings at this stage of your life.
    Go for a MS Alto (which would be half the price of Punto, and also will give you reasonable resale value after say 2 years or so) for maybe two years. In the meantime make some savings and manage your finances well so that you can buy the car of your desire. Keep your desire for FIAT burning in your heart.
    3 people like this.
  2. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yes, ABS doesn't improve braking but with ABS you can steer while you brake. Moreover, in case of emergency braking wheel won't lock if they your car will skid through and definitely you will hit with ABS it stops but won't skid.

Consider investing a bit more for safety of yourself and the people around.
  3. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    +1 to that. Believe me, whenever I take my car out, I am constantly wary of the fact that it is devoid of ABS and airbags. I don't know if I am paranoid or what but I ensure that I don't drive above 90 kmph. In fact, I have set my speed buzzer at 90.::pP I am not sure whether in an emergency situation I would be able to stop the car without a skid. So am I driving the Punto the way it deserves to be driven? No! I would have been much better off with the variant with atleast ABS.
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
    2 people like this.
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    ABS is very much required in India, more needed in India then anywhere else in the world.

No car manufacturer has claimed that ABS improves braking by reducing the braking distance, the job of ABS is to prevent wheels from locking not reducing braking distance. Anyone who feels ABS is not needed as it does not reduce braking distance is having a unrealistic expectation from ABS and hence will get disappointed with this feature and wonder what the fuss is all about.

Team Fiat recommends ABS & Airbags as ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE'S in all cars. We will always recommend people to stretch their budget to buy a ABS & Airbag's equipped car.
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
    4 people like this.
  5. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    @ testdrive : Not heard anything from you for long.
    Did your loan materialise or have you decided for any other car.
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    But for the people who cannot stretch the already stretched budget anymore can always go with Active. I own an Active and I never had a problem driving without an ABS. Its an added safety feature only but is not mandatory as far as I understand.
  7. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Yes Arrayan, I am waiting for salary hike. to finalize.
  8. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wish you best of luck testdrive.
  9. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    @Testdrive : Our best wishes are with you.
    Hope your desire of possesing a FIAT will be a reality very soon.

May I request the Mods (with the permission of the thread owner) to close this thread for now.
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    It is not an added safety, for without it punto /maruthi/hyundai any car you take, any car has just 1 other safety feature that is the seat belt..
    More importantly ABS is always coupled with EBD (Electronic brake distribution) so the ECU actually calculates and distributes braking based on the weight of the car, and on which wheel there is more weight ,so on.....
    There are many videos explaining the advantages of ABS/EBD please go through it..
    Just to add a note.. Even in my car which has ABS its not that the ABS will kick in every time i brake.. But it kicks in when i need it the most and that is a safety guarantee that will make me rip the car on highways...
    So its a necessity IMO...

A very good quote...
    I fought with my dad so much to let me by the E+, it never worked...
    Has to settle only for E, but its at least 70% as good as E+ i hope..

My next car, whatever it might be will have ABS/EBD , Airbags, ESP and preferably RWD.