1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Which car is best one for first time owner with less driving skills?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by testdrive, May 4, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry to say this: Please drop the thought for the purchase of new car at this moment.wait for your salary hike.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I agree with most. Wait for your salary hike and then go for Punto.
  3. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

No offences meant... Title says "Fist Time Owner" .... lol :lol
  4. mayank

mayank Amatore

I am just 21 years old and last year after learning my basic driving from a driving school(alto) for about 9days..rest of my practice was done on my brand new GP :) Let me tell you that punto is anyday better than beat whether you are a pro driver or a beginner! It will provide you confidence both in city as well as on the highway! You will feel very safe inside the cabin right from the start!! But still you need to get the feel of its ride,handling,acceleration,maneuverability etc. in an open ground/parking area twice-thrice times and thats not gonna take more than 3-4days..and then you will yourself feel very confident :) I will also like to advice you to atleast wait for 2 months and enhance your driving skills in city traffic before taking it to the highway because on highway what matters the most is lane driving at high speeds and time of reacting very quickly at a high speed is very minimum..so city driving will sharpen your reflexes as well :) Also you will be able to cope with the people easily who are short of patience and keep on honking for a side!!:) my wishes for you :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

yes naughty correct. i have tried to correct title after submission, but no options found...
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Test, You inherently love FIATs & that's why you have subscribed on Team FIAT. You are asking for our opinions on new car purchase despite of knowing that this site is FIAT enthusiasts site.
    How many excuse for yourself you need bro?
    Dump that Zzzz (Beatz/Reatz/zzz) & don't turn a deaf ear to your heart.
    Wait for another 6 months/1yr & go for a 90 HP.
    If you buy any other car now, you will spend next 3-4 yrs craving for a FIAT till you own one:p
    3 people like this.
  7. basis

basis Amatore

@testdrive : Close your eyes and buy Punto 1.3 Active.

No need of ABS in India.

Your and my selection criteria is 95% same.
  8. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    ABS is very much needed in India as people, vehicles, animals appear from nowhere. And ABS kicked in many a times in my case on high ways at high way speed.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

I could have died at least twice in the last 2 months that I have been driving, if it wasn't for ABS.
  10. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Well, ABS is a bit over-hyped. Though it's an important feature, it doesn't really improve the braking drastically. It just prevents the wheels getting locked while braking. Punto, without ABS, has also a very good braking.

If you require ABS for not dying in case of accidents, then you may require 12 airbags, one bed, one nurse, a qualified doctor, an ICU in the car to keep you alive in case of accidents :p

Just kidding. What I meant is check your budget before concluding.
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
    2 people like this.