1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Which car is best one for first time owner with less driving skills?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by testdrive, May 4, 2012.

1. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Hi, Thanks everyone. I will go with Punto dynamic 1.3. And I had a discussion with Concorde, Guindy SE Vinoth. On Road price is 739000 and after discount 715000. I said i will come in person to discuss more on price. That time I will meet Mr. Raman suggested by ramjn. Yet to check with SBI loan, he said executive will call me today. if i get loan and other things are good, i will surely go with punto dynamic 1.3.

@amit: Yes, 2012 dynamics has ABS without airbags.
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats. You have made the right decision.
    When you talk with Mr. Raman, refer my name (Ramesh).
    1 person likes this.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Congrats test! That's indeed sane decision. Get the car delievered & during personal ownership experience, realize on almost daily basis how ignorant & corrupt our media/press is & how idiots we Indians are. Segments best attributes have literally been hidden & kept secret from general public awareness:mrgreen:. It's not about selling in no's but awareness of general crowd which is just not there.
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Loan Eligibility

Hi all, Today i had a discussion with SBI Executive from Concorde, Guindy over Phone, and checked for eligibility. i got same comments, which i got from TAFE. Due to my existing home loan they can get loan upto 50% not 85%.so i didn't get +ve comment on SBI loan. however i can get loan from HDFC and other banks, which don't have SBI like flexibility. i have decided to go with SBI. Now everything on hold and re-thinking. in earlier discussion every dealers said they can process loan, for my requirement. now "???". Am i going to miss Punto Dynamic. Should I wait for YEA, may be by this month end, I will get how much my salary will revised and that will increase my eligibility? Hmmm!! thinking… Just want to update you people where I am .:confused:
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
  5. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    In this forum you will hardly find anyone Bashing Punto . Look elsewhere for comparisons
    Test drive alone of few km dont justify with fiat overall comfort and feel . Drive for 50km to have proper feel. Driving Punto is different from any other car , its wonderful Steering And dynamics makes learning very easy . Have a 15 days learning course , things will be fine , no need to buy Old car , than selling it than buying again ...........
  6. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Hi all, here is my update. Help me on finalizing bank for loan. As I already said I don’t have eligibility to get required loan amount from SBI. Since I am already paying nearly 50% from my monthly salary. Other bank options are. Also I have checked with Chevrolet Kivraj Chennai. They said they can get loan from SBI. Still my mind/thinking around Punto. I have planned to down payment as 1.5lac. I have again contacted VST mount road Chennai, they said they can get loan from following. Same story for SBI.
    1)HDFC
    2)Sundaram finance (no part payment fee changes)
    What shall i do
    Opt 1) Go with HDFC? (I Will get what I want) what is the issues/HDFC car loan?. I am not sure about Sundaram finance, if anybody taken loan from Sundaram finance, please provide your input. What about Axis bank (Suggested by TAFE)?
    Opt2) Go with Chevrolet, because I can get loan from SBI and it’s benefits.
    Opt3) wait till this month end for salary revise, and decide.
    Sorry to trouble you people.
    Last edited: May 15, 2012
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Does Khivraj have any stake with SBI or what?
    What is making you to believe that Khivraj can get you loan from SBI? This is idiotic marketing from these guys to make you book for the Beat. Where ever you apply for loan with SBI regardless of car and dealer, you application will reach SBI, Mount Road Branch.

As far as HDFC and Sundaram, I recommend Sundaram over HDFC as there is no charges for part payment. But, again see that who is offering better rate. If you don't have plans to make part payment and HDFC Bank offer you a good rate then stick with HDFC Bank.
  8. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Since On Road price of BEAT LT is 6.20L. and as i got info from most of the dealers as i am eligible for 3L. And they can get deviation up-to 4.7L. i am ready to pay 1.5lac down payment. that’s why Kivraj people said, they can get loan from SBI.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Since On Road price of BEAT LT is 6.20L. and as i got info from most of the dealers as i am eligible for 3L. And they can get deviation up-to 4.7L. i am ready to pay 1.5lac down payment. that’s why Kivraj people said, they can get loan from SBI.
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    don't take this the wrong way, but IMHO; you should look at a car that costs less. At the end of the day, it should not eat up your entire monthly budget.
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Beatz:A
    This ugly piece of junk is a CAR:confused:?
    People are Ready to take loan of 6.20L:(?
    Don't know where are we trying to go by encouraging such stuff to sell in our markets::pP.
    We are in-fact degrading the standards here by accepting such products, boycott it!
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.